Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:48 am

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:35 am

Its getting a bit stupid now, some of the stuff I've read on the other board is shocking,

Malky may have wasted money on players but what he has done for us as a whole out weighs that, its a shame some fans cant see past that,

Malky either u love him or HATE him
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 am

Whatever we, as fans, thought of Malky's tactics, on the field of play, on it or off it, he always showed us the utmost respect and for that reason we should always be respectful and grateful for what he achieved for CCFC.  Malky Mackay's legacy being blemished more and more by the week 4228682415 
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 am

Interesting read, but for once, I don't agree with much of what you say......given our fixtures, we should have had more than 18 points after 22 games.

Provided we survive, then the proof of the pudding will be seen next season when we play the clubs around us again.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:43 pm

TDA wrote:Interesting read, but for once, I don't agree with much of what you say......given our fixtures, we should have had more than 18 points after 22 games.

Provided we survive, then the proof of the pudding will be seen next season when we play the clubs around us again.

Not always the case, its quite common for promoted teams to struggle a lot more in their second season than they did in their first. 'Second season syndrome' - the three new promoted clubs are on a high and punch above their weight, and that suddenly means that you are back in the firing line for going down again. It's been a bit convoluted recently with Southampton and Swansea going from strength to strength, but it still happens.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

TDA wrote:Interesting read, but for once, I don't agree with much of what you say......given our fixtures, we should have had more than 18 points after 22 games.

Despite the lowly position, ahead of the Sunderland game I'd say we were on track. February was always going to be a big month for the club, a bad December/ January has now made it even more important.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:53 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:

Despite the lowly position, ahead of the Sunderland game I'd say we were on track. February was always going to be a big month for the club, a bad December/ January has now made it even more important.

Agreed, to a point. We may have accumulated a decent points total at that point, but not from where we should have.

Football is unpredictable, but I don't think we can have hoped to survive by nicking the odd point when we weren't expected to? but shedding points against clubs that we should have been doing better against.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:42 pm

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:

Agreed, to a point.  We may have accumulated a decent points total at that point, but not from where we should have.  

Football is unpredictable, but I don't think we can have hoped to survive by nicking the odd point when we weren't expected to? but shedding points against clubs that we should have been doing better against.

Off the top of my head we played just one side around us under Mackay at home - West Brom - and won. Whilst away from home, we beat Fulham, drew against Hull, Stoke and Norwich. The only defeats came against West Ham and Palace. Again, I'd say it was a good return.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum