View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:02 am

There are now mass claims on twitter that stewards were dispatched to remove they 'thankyou Malky' banner displayed in the family stand. There has also been an allegation that stewards threatened to ban a fan who was repeatedly warned to stop singing pro blue songs.

Don't shoot the messenger, first off. Both cases are disgusting if true however.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:17 am

Disgusting if true. and I bet this wont get a single mention in any of papers,
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:51 am

The Arsenal game is on Sky Sports. I'd take a rope under a big 3 layered coat and then tie myself to my seat and have a sit in protest if they tried that nonsense on with me. If they tried to remove me by force and injured me then I'd definitely think about suing or taking the issue further. All you would have to do really is sit on the knot and they can't get at it. Yes you could probably get done for it in the eyes of the law but the media frenzy it would whip up would be well worth it.

Reported trouble at the game 833362651 Reported trouble at the game 833362651 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Depressingly, it's the same story all over again. As everyone got over the disappointment they would realise that last night wasnt a bad performance at all, if anything there was a sign things could get better without Malky. Instead, Tan publically boo's something and these allegations emerge and the football is overshadowed again. If he kept his mouth shut and the fans were allowed to do whatever they wanted, we'd be on a path to recovery, not descending further.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:53 pm

My old man was sitting not far from the guy who was singing pro blue songs and the threat of ban was not as straight forward as it appears.

Basically this drunken guy was upsetting everyone around him by constantly shouting songs in a quieter part of the stadium where dominently older fans sit and having a pop at those who wouldn't join. Basically others were getting annoyed because they just wanted to get on with watching the game and this chap ended up arguing and threatening a couple of elderly fans who told him to be quiet before being spoken to by the stewards.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Rhys wrote:My old man was sitting not far from the guy who was singing pro blue songs and the threat of ban was not as straight forward as it appears.

Basically this drunken guy was upsetting everyone around him by constantly shouting songs in a quieter part of the stadium where dominently older fans sit and having a pop at those who wouldn't join. Basically others were getting annoyed because they just wanted to get on with watching the game and this chap ended up arguing and threatening a couple of elderly fans who told him to be quiet before being spoken to by the stewards.

I suspected as much regarding that one. Banner-gate is harder to disprove however. I've seen well over 30 different people claiming they either had a banner taken off them when they came in, had it removed mid match, or saw stewards chasing the large 'thank you Malky' one. Including a boy who seems to be no more than 10, who posted pictures proving him and his dad made it. Unless you want to call a ten year old a liar, that one seems to be the truth.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:03 pm

Yeah, the fans should be allowed to have a banner saying whatever they want, as long as it's not abusive or racist etc. A 'thank you Malky' banner is none of those, and as much as I disagree with it, and the Malky songs, there's no reason for the stewards to confiscate it.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 pm

So long as it doesn't interfere with the enjoyment of the game for others around them.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum