Yesterday's result

View previous topic View next topic Go down

porgie
Academy Player
User Points : 156
Posting Flair : 0

Postporgie Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Apart from the fiasco involving Norwich's midfielder Fer i think we were very lucky to come away with a point at Carrow Rd yesterday. Undoubtedly Marshall saved the day and whilst one point is not as good as three come the end of the season that solitary point against Norwich just might ensure our survival in the Premier league.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:52 pm

porgie wrote:Apart from the fiasco involving Norwich's midfielder Fer i think we were very lucky to come away with a point at Carrow Rd yesterday. Undoubtedly Marshall saved the day and whilst one point is not as good as three come the end of the season that solitary point against Norwich just might ensure our survival in the Premier league.
All in all, we are not looking at this campaign with much optimism, are we.......and certainly very little enjoyment.....Yesterday's result 635981802 
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:55 pm

We have to be winning these types of game if we want to survive.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:13 am

SteWells wrote:We have to be winning these types of game if we want to survive.
But then so do Norwich. Especially at home.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:20 am

as has said elsewhere "how much more of a battering can our defence and our goalie take before we finally capitulate and get an absolute stuffing"?
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 am

Wasn't Chelsea an absolute stuffing?
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:11 am

Not losing away is a great result and we all new this campaign was going to be backs to the wall.
Some say we should be beating the likes of Norwich! But what right do we have beating these teams that have been in this division longer than us, and quite frankly have better players!
We have done really well so far and at this time of the season if someone said we would be 16th and only 2 points off 9th then you would be chomping at the bit!
Reality check needed the wheels have not fallen off yet.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:40 am

pugger wrote:Not losing away is a great result and we all new this campaign was going to be backs to the wall.
Some say we should be beating the likes of Norwich! But what right do we have beating these teams that have been in this division longer than us, and quite frankly have better players!
We have done really well so far and at this time of the season if someone said we would be 16th and only 2 points off 9th then you would be chomping at the bit!
Well said
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
pugger wrote:Not losing away is a great result and we all new this campaign was going to be backs to the wall.
Well said

Regardless of where we are today, this style of play is inviting disaster in the longer term. You can only lie on the ropes and get punched so many times.....ask Muhammed Ali.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postpugger Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:30 pm

TDA wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Well said
Regardless of where we are today, this style of play is inviting disaster in the longer term.  You can only lie on the ropes and get punched so many times.....ask Muhammed Ali.
Where we are today or any day in the prem is surely relevant and a reflection on how we are doing in regards to staying up.

Yes we could end up getting a bit punch drunk, but many a fight has been won in the last round, just ask Herol Bomber Graham who out classed his opponent for every round until he was knocked out in the last. His opponent did not have the skills to live with him and only really had one option and that was to wait until he ran out of gas and land the winning blow.

We will not be on the ropes all season and we have shown that we can compete occasionally; I just hope it is enough and a tight defence is key to survival.

I am enjoying the season so far, yes I would like a bit more flair from Cardiff and I would also like to see our wingers used more, but if we open up at this moment in time we will plummet quicker than Tans trousers without a belt.

I hope Malky is here in January and he is able to bring some more quality in, as this will help make the gulf in class slightly less and build for the second half of our first campaign.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 pm

Football isn't boxing though - consistently teams produce better football as the season progresses, not worse. We can't wait for everyone else to get tired because this is one of the best leagues in the world - they don't get tired, they just get more practice.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:04 pm

i get the impression that promoted teams start well and deteriorate as the season progresses. it is certainly something i have noticed in the past.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 pm

In once sense, I have to agree with pugger - we should be very happy with where we are currently, but you also have to admit, our style of play is very worrying. 

- Cardiff have faced more shots than any other team in the Premier League this term (174)

- Norwich, who are struggling big time, had 31 attempts at goal, Spurs 29 shots, Newcastle - 20 shots

It is indeed quite worrying. Malky may need to do some major rethinking of his tactical approach. I doubt he will however.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

Postpugger Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:56 am

I think he is in between a rock and a hard place as even slightly opening up will run the risk of getting stuffed and this will do the team no good at all.
I personally would love us to play great flowing football, but I also would like to stay in the prem and watch our team develop.
That’s why Malky gets the big bucks.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:23 am

davewebber65 wrote:i get the impression that promoted teams start well and deteriorate as the season progresses. it is certainly something i have noticed in the past.
Dave.....some of us, you and I included, have watched football, not just Cardiff City, for many years longer than many of our younger friends on here and what you say here is exactly what I am concerned about. It has been seen time and time again that the new boys run out of steam.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum