View previous topic View next topic Go down

lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 am

Just pondering over the current transfer window. With Cornelius being our only new signing at a reputed £7.2m and no positive signs of any others following soon, we have been decidedly inactive in the transfer market compared with our near neighbours, who if they sign Wilfred Bony it will be for just about double the fee for Cornelius and make him their seventh new signing so far. I haven't kept a close check on their total outlay but they have added considerably to their wages bill as none of their last year's squad has left so that bill must also be mounting. Which poses a a question, 'Have Swansea City AFC departed from their tight financial policies in order to keep their manager?" Before anyone starts shouting at me that they couldn't care less, I am just posing the question out of interest as if Swansea see that they have to 'spend big' in order to maintain their Premier League status after two seasons, where does that leave us and the other newly promoted sides, who haven't had two years of Premier League income to facilitate our spending?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 am

I have been thinking along the same lines as you re the apparent change of policy. It does seem that Laudrup has forced their hand somewhat.

However, far from just maintaining PL status, an investment like this implies to me that they feel they can kick on from last season with an automatic European spot becoming realistic.

The pressure will be on the manager to deliver accordingly.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:20 pm

Hope they've put relegation clauses into the contracts. They've seemed to sign a lot of players, but apart from that Betis defender and Bony, they won't exactly set the league alight.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum