....according to the "exit poll" on AAMB Back to Black... 692773407

G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:25 am

If they don't change the trim to black on the rest of the kit, the shorts will look as daft as the original red ones.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 am

stupid idea, 2nd to the darker red the black is ridiculous looking. that and the fact alot of people will decline to vote or vote for blue renders the entire exercise pointless
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:38 am

in fact i retract that, at least the dark red goes with the trim on the shirt, the black goes with neither the dark red or white trim on the shirt. least we got the away and third strips to look forward to hey
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:39 am

You mean we're not going to make it to Paris Fashion Week again? Outrageous!

If most fans vote for black, then most fans either don't think it looks ridiculous or they want to look ridiculous. There is no option to vote for blue (obviously). Those who to decline to vote either don't care or are protesting at the whole thing - which is fair enough, but it doesn't make the exercise pointless.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 am

Last time I looked, it was 40% for black and 20% abstaining, which by my calculation, makes black as popular (i.e. amongst those who voted) as the three other options combined.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:02 am

The Tonker wrote:You mean we're not going to make it to Paris Fashion Week again? Outrageous!

If most fans vote for black, then most fans either don't think it looks ridiculous or they want to look ridiculous. There is no option to vote for blue (obviously). Those who to decline to vote either don't care or are protesting at the whole thing - which is fair enough, but it doesn't make the exercise pointless.

i think it does. it's like a vote for any party other than labour or the tories, it's a wasted vote against a two horse race
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am

never had an e-mail with a ballot paper. rang the club this am and they said would get one sent out. received no communication so rang again and was told could vote on the e-ticketing web-site. as i have never used e-ticketing had to register. after registering found that the facility was not available. fancy a trip to the stadium is coming on. can be a fully paid up member of the awkward squad when i want to be
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:06 am

DrewBlue wrote:
The Tonker wrote:You mean we're not going to make it to Paris Fashion Week again? Outrageous!

i think it does. it's like a vote for any party other than labour or the tories, it's a wasted vote against a two horse race
A vote for any candidate that isn't likely to get enough votes to win may be considered wasted, by why does it make the whole thing pointless? The object is to choose the kit that most fans vote for.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:33 am

cos to me the vote has been hijacked by people who aren't interested in the outcome of it, which is farcical.
maybe i'm just biased cos i thoroughly dislike the black shorts
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend

PostThe Tonker Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:43 am

Has it been hijacked? There may be many who don't have strong views on the colour but still have a preference - that's not the same as not having any interest. Is there any evidence of hijacking? And for what purpose?
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:51 am

G-ster wrote:If they don't change the trim to black on the rest of the kit, the shorts will look as daft as the original red ones.

How dare you speak about our traditional red and black kit in that manner. I hope this post is a joke. Sad
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:52 am

i think so. if you are given four options but choose something that isn't of those four for your own personal vendetta of sorts then i consider that a hijacking. from what i saw nearly everybody on aamb voted the elusive blue
Redbird_in_spain
Academy Player
User Points : 143
Posting Flair : 40

PostRedbird_in_spain Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:06 am

NOT that I care about the red v blue issue AT ALL! I reckon this was a skillfull attempt by the club to one day publish ridiculous looking kit which once again had the fans up in arms, then, immediately give the fans a voice in taking us back to the strip which I guess TG and the whole club really wanted (Red/Black).

The psychology, possibly being to suggest the club does listen to its fans ................ sometimes!

As I said, its TG's "train set" he does what he likes with it but this has been skillfully manipulated me thinks.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:31 am

Had a feeling black would b colour chosen, I smell a rigged poll,
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum