User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 05, 2013 2:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Well, it's something football related to discuss....no? Sleep

So......

Leicester v Watford

Palace v Brighton

Got to fancy Leicester to stuff Udinese Reserves, as the force is with them...... Playoffs - Page 2 635981802

Not sure about the other game........ scratch

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun May 05, 2013 6:56 pm

I'm going to put a fiver on palace - Holloway seems to have a knack for making his team slip under the radar - nobody expected blackpoo to win the Playoffs, never mind making it into the finals.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Sun May 05, 2013 7:47 pm

Brighton for me, on a roll with a half decent squad.
From a purely selfish perspective however, I hope that Watford win the play-offs. They will probably lose most of their decent loan signings in the close season, the regulations regarding foreign loan signings will be changed before the start of next season and they are currently banned from signing any players before 1st September 2013. This should make them nailed on for a swift return to the Championship!
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Sun May 05, 2013 7:56 pm

Like to see Brighton do it. They've come a fair way and Poyet has done a great job there.

I can't stand Holloway, and Freedman who preceded him, so that's Palace out for me.

Watford had it given to them on a plate yesterday and couldn't finish it. Plus I'm not a big Elton John fan, so don't want to see them go up.

And well Leicester is Leicester. Don't deserve to be there instead of Bolton if you ask me.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 05, 2013 8:18 pm

Phil Blue/Red wrote:Brighton for me, on a roll with a half decent squad.
From a purely selfish perspective however, I hope that Watford win the play-offs. They will probably lose most of their decent loan signings in the close season, the regulations regarding foreign loan signings will be changed before the start of next season and they are currently banned from signing any players before 1st September 2013. This should make them nailed on for a swift return to the Championship!

Have to agree with that. Brighton certainly have been one of the better footballing sides for a couple of years, but selfishly, it would be better to get Watford up for the reasons you mention.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun May 05, 2013 10:22 pm

For purely selfish reasons, I'm going with Leicester as they are my best mates' team and it would be great to do some away days with him next season. Following that, Watford as I know I can get tickets for that and it's easy to get to for me PLUS they will be whipping boys next season...I hope.

Not Brighton as they need to do their time in the Championship yet Playoffs - Page 2 692773407 and anybody but frickin' Palace. Their fans proved themselves to be nasty and vindictive when we were both fighting it out for the top spots earlier in the season, worse than anyone else. I don't get the media obsession with Holloway either, such a whinger and not as funny as he thinks he is.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:For purely selfish reasons, I'm going with Leicester as they are my best mates' team and it would be great to do some away days with him next season. Following that, Watford as I know I can get tickets for that and it's easy to get to for me PLUS they will be whipping boys next season...I hope.

Not Brighton as they need to do their time in the Championship yet Playoffs - Page 2 692773407 and anybody but frickin' Palace. Their fans proved themselves to be nasty and vindictive when we were both fighting it out for the top spots earlier in the season, worse than anyone else. I don't get the media obsession with Holloway either, such a whinger and not as funny as he thinks he is.

I didn't notice the palace fans, what happened with them?
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 am

nice not to have the stress of the next couple of weeks coupled with a fab day out at wembley
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 am

davewebber65 wrote:coupled with a fab day out at wembley

That usually ends in tears!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum