Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Anyone gonna shed a tear??? when we beat palace to go through to cc final i balled my eyes out, but i think i had something stuck in my eye, If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 692773407

Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 1109
Posting Flair : 50
http://twitter.com/aledwills91

PostColin's Reversible Hat Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 pm

This is a serious question now- is anyone 'on the pitch' after the game if we go up? I thought this would be the time when everyone unites and says 'f**k it'. I ran on after the CC semi final last year and I'm even closer to the front this season, so I think this'll be my natural reaction.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:49 pm

DrewBlue wrote:ok i cried a little after wembley last year as well, but came to a swift realisation of where we were and enjoyed the day, talking of which had we won that day our european exploits this year would have curtailed our promotion this year i suspect, blessing in disguise?

indeed, hence why i couldn't put off joining any more, in dire need of the adoration. cheers guys If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 2361983666

I've often thought about this, as, I'd guess, most of us have. It's a tricky one because to have beaten Liverpool in a cup final and actually won silverware and then had an exciting season in Europe would've been fantastic, but if it had happened we almost certainly wouldn't be in the position we are in now. Who knows what the future holds? Europe isn't an inconceivable ambition in the coming years.
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Colin's Reversible Hat wrote:This is a serious question now- is anyone 'on the pitch' after the game if we go up? I thought this would be the time when everyone unites and says 'f**k it'. I ran on after the CC semi final last year and I'm even closer to the front this season, so I think this'll be my natural reaction.

If I'm not on the pitch I'll be extremely disappointed. I want to celebrate with 26,000 odd other people.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Colin's Reversible Hat wrote:This is a serious question now- is anyone 'on the pitch' after the game if we go up? I thought this would be the time when everyone unites and says 'f**k it'. I ran on after the CC semi final last year and I'm even closer to the front this season, so I think this'll be my natural reaction.

I won't be the first (not near enough to the front plus I'm too scared), but I wouldn't rule it out. I know it's sometimes frowned upon these days, but it won't be harming anyone and deep down everyone loves a pitch invasion.
Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostColin's Reversible Hat Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:53 pm

R-DONO wrote:

If I'm not on the pitch I'll be extremely disappointed. I want to celebrate with 26,000 odd other people.
I actually think the players'll stay on and celebrate too- I've got this image of Gestede downing pints of Bow with me on the half way line.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:
DrewBlue wrote:ok i cried a little after wembley last year as well, but came to a swift realisation of where we were and enjoyed the day, talking of which had we won that day our european exploits this year would have curtailed our promotion this year i suspect, blessing in disguise?

indeed, hence why i couldn't put off joining any more, in dire need of the adoration. cheers guys If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 2361983666

I've often thought about this, as, I'd guess, most of us have. It's a tricky one because to have beaten Liverpool in a cup final and actually won silverware and then had an exciting season in Europe would've been fantastic, but if it had happened we almost certainly wouldn't be in the position we are in now. Who knows what the future holds? Europe isn't an inconceivable ambition in the coming years.

its six of one and half a dozen of the other isn't it, but i do agree we wouldn't be anywhere near promotion if we had which has to take precedence. it is not inconceivable to go on another cup run and and get europa league which i think is a better competition than the runners up league
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 pm

ill be on the pitch im row b, so If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 3210875682
Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostColin's Reversible Hat Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:

I won't be the first (not near enough to the front plus I'm too scared), but I wouldn't rule it out. I know it's sometimes frowned upon these days, but it won't be harming anyone and deep down everyone loves a pitch invasion.
I'm in Row D of the Ninian with my twin brother, and my mate and his brother are 2 rows in front of us. I've also got 3 more mates just behind us. The general consensus between all of us is 'look both ways, cheer like f**k, peg it onto the pitch'.
You're right in saying everyone loves a pitch invasion- it looks so good on telly too!
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostR-DONO Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 pm

28th April 2001. I was a wee 10 year old boy. We played Shrewsbury and won 3-1 to be promoted to Division 2. A pitch invasion ensued and I thought I was the coolest person on earth being on an actual football pitch.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:09 pm

thats because you WERE the coolest person on earth r-dono!

if i were going i would be on the pitch quicker than you could say keep off the grass. although i wouldn't be able to stop myself from making a late dash into the box and slotting in an imaginary ball past an imaginary keeper before running to the stand fist pumping the air
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostR-DONO Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:14 pm

DrewBlue wrote:thats because you WERE the coolest person on earth r-dono!

I've oft wondered if this were so. Thanks for confirming it If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 1525230823
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 pm

I'm pretty much at the back of the Ninian stand so I imagine 24,000 people will be on the pitch before I get there. I reckon they won't fight an invasion too much tonight but won't let it happen against Bolton as they will have to present the Cup at the end of the game If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 833362651

Last edited by Kate on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kate
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1754
Posting Flair : 220

PostKate Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 pm

If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 3210875682 Also Welcome Drew If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 3210875682
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:18 pm

no problem. happy to oblige
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular

PostDrewBlue Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:20 pm

if its ok for reading and southampton its got to be ok for us.

thanks kate :) If we get THAT Point...... - Page 2 1525230823
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum