Who would you start with upfront on Saturday?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

For all our, champion-esque, huffing and puffing yesterday (and in the middle of the park we looked amazing - our pace was unbelievable) we were as blunt as a hammer upfront.

Poor Mason didn't win a single header all night as far as I could tell, he kept jumping but almost as though he didn't expect to win anything. Although he is obviously a good finisher and makes some intelligent runs to get behind the back line, he is no good upfront by himself in my view.

Helgusson is done.

Bellamy - his shooting accuracy is really poor and is much better out wide.

Velcro - no point in seriously mentioning him as Malky has obviously written him off this season

Gestede - that leaves the young french men as our last and only option in my mind, for the formation that we are currently playing at least. He is fantastic in the air, he seems to effortlessly beat his marker to the ball time and time again and the accuracy of his headers are superb. For this reason, I would start with Rudy - I wouldn't expect him to score much from open play (we haven't been doing a whole lot of that anyway) but he would bring the rest of the squad in perfectly.

We are really missing Maynard and now Campbell this season and have been unlucky in that regard.

Who would everyone else start with?

chrisgore
chrisgore
Academy Player
User Points : 192
Posting Flair : 10

Postchrisgore Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:19 am

Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 4228682415 We looked really weak up front against Barnsley (although that was the only area where we did look weak). To my mind, Joe Mason was really ineffective and Rudy would have been a much better choice to replace him than Heidi. Rudy's got to start up front against Forest but having said that, I watched the development side a couple of weeks back and Velcro looked real quality in that class. Surely he deserves a chance in the presumed absence of the magnificent Campbell?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:30 am

Hello chrisgore.....new here? If so, welcome! Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 2294057153

This board is resigned to not seeing Velcro this season, unless the unlikely happens and we have been handed the title in the next couple of games...... Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 3392635135
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:31 am

chrisgore wrote: Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 4228682415 We looked really weak up front against Barnsley (although that was the only area where we did look weak). To my mind, Joe Mason was really ineffective and Rudy would have been a much better choice to replace him than Heidi. Rudy's got to start up front against Forest but having said that, I watched the development side a couple of weeks back and Velcro looked real quality in that class. Surely he deserves a chance in the presumed absence of the magnificent Campbell?

Nice first post Chris... though you're wrong about Rudy Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 692773407 Flair up though Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 1525230823
chrisgore
chrisgore
Academy Player
User Points : 192
Posting Flair : 10

Postchrisgore Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 am

I am new to the board and thanks for the welcome. I've got to admit I'm a bit of a Rudi fan. I think he shows great promise for the future and we'll do well to hold onto him. I wouldn't chose him in preference to Campbell but I think he's the best of the other options - less Velcro who Malky doesn't appear to favour at the moment. However, when Rudy does play the other forward(s) or forward-leaning midfielders (Bellamy, Conway, Noone etc) need to gamble their runs more to take advantage of his prowess in the air.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:49 am

Welcome Chris, nice to have another new face around. I agree with you regarding Rudy - as I've said above. Who would you start with upfront on Saturday? - Page 2 1525230823
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:34 am

Rudy. Interesting and bold choice but Malky is a conservative and usually opts for the tried and tested so dont be surprised to see Joey or Heidar up top.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum