Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:29 pm

I'm guilty of this too....

I'm just trying to work something out....

How on earth is it possible that we fans are calling for our manager's head when we are sitting at the top of the league? I know we have been playing crap recently but has any other of our manager's been able to achieve what malky has? Top of the league for four months?

I remember when Lee Clarke got sacked last season with his team battling for a promotion spot, the club was a laughing stock for ages.

Malky has been tasked with getting us promoted, we would have all jumped at being where we are now at the beginning of the season hailing malky as out best ever manager.

He's done us proud this season, this is his first rough patch in his tenure, let's stick by him!!

In Malky we trust!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

I'm not calling for the manager's head, I made a point elsewhere that I think his position will be vulnerable isf we don't have a strong finish to the season.

Vincent Tan has a huge unsecured investment in Cardiff City and the club will need to finish out of the Premiership bottom three 2013/14 (avoid relegation) to be able to collect the £60m TV rights payment.

To achieve that there will need to be someone at the helm who is not as one-dimensional as Malky is showing himself to be. I hope he proves me wrong.

Tan may not know a lot about football, but he does about business and he will have good advisers and he will be learning fast.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

I think Malky will be given sufficient funds to keep us up. However I have said elsewhere that the only thing that really worries me about Malky is that we only have two attacking options, which are to hit it long or hope for a throw-in. That aside we have begun to look clueless, but that could be remedied with a deep-lying midfield playmaker. Then again, there aren't many around unless we are going to buy Alonso/Xabi/Cirigliano/Schweinsteiger which I doubt
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:42 pm

I think Malky is a great manager in the making but his anti football negativity has made us far more vulnerable to falling out of the promotion picture than ever we should be - this team should be storming the league and despite being top for months is only fulfilling a small fraction of its potential. Almost all our wins this season have been by the odd goal ofetn against the run of play and frankly we have been very very lucky to date......
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:52 pm

i think malky's position would be untenable if we failed to be promoted. the fans have responded in huge numbers for season tickets and would be let down if we failed from the position of strength that we were in.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostCaer y Glyn Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:10 pm

davewebber65 wrote:i think malky's position would be untenable if we failed to be promoted. the fans have responded in huge numbers for season tickets and would be let down if we failed from the position of strength that we were in.

Something I don't quite understand... 3874419067
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 pm

Rhys wrote:

How on earth is it possible that we fans are calling for our manager's head when we are sitting at the top of the league? I know we have been playing crap recently but has any other of our manager's been able to achieve what malky has? Top of the league for four months?

I remember when Lee Clarke got sacked last season with his team battling for a promotion spot, the club was a laughing stock for ages.

Malky has been tasked with getting us promoted, we would have all jumped at being where we are now at the beginning of the season hailing malky as out best ever manager.

He's done us proud this season, this is his first rough patch in his tenure, let's stick by him!!

In Malky we trust!

Something I don't quite understand... 833362651 Something I don't quite understand... 833362651 Something I don't quite understand... 833362651

It all about where we are at the end of the season not now but most fans wanted it over 3 weeks ago Something I don't quite understand... 635981802 Every club in this league would give anything to be where we are atm and all we can do is run our players and manager down instead of getting behind them for the final push.

Posh are in this league because they deserve to be here and are more the able to win a football match Something I don't quite understand... 635981802 but some fans think we are Man U or something and should be running through these teams Something I don't quite understand... 692773407 Even QPR had trouble getting over the line when they went up.

Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:39 pm

Rhys wrote:

In Malky we trust!

Quite Rhys. I've been saying this for some time. I think we've all gotten a little ahead of ourselves and a bit big for our own boots. The Championship is THE hardest division to get promoted from and it's not something you can just throw money at and win like some other divisions. This potential promotion has been ten years in the making, so I can see why people are getting jittery but we should be uniting to support not panicking and calling for rash changes of personnel. We've got this far with what we've got, we won't storm the league but we should still go up.*

*Please bookmark for Something I don't quite understand... 4268314175 possibilities
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostCaer y Glyn Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:20 am

Malky answered lots of questions today and Im delighted he did!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum