View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:35 am

Well worth a read in my opinion and leaves me feeling even more than before that our future, on the field at least, is bright.

Malky Mackay Modern Manager
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:50 am

I took the time to read that toast and agree, it is worth a read. I suppose we know so little really about what goes on behind the scenes. It sounds like we are not working on a quick fix here, this is building for a bright future.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:56 am

I remember when Malky came here first him saying things about how much needed changing in terms of backroom staff, fitness and coaching, scouting and so on.

It seems Malky very much sees his job as getting everything right behind the scenes too. Anything which can give the players that edge they need for the team to be successful. It looks like he has been allowed to make a number of changes which can only benefit us both in the immediate and long term.
R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 am

A very good read. Football really is a science these days. Particularly if you want to succeed. From this article it seems like we have excellent backroom staff. Malky has obviously come in with a vision that, so far, he seems to be achieving. Let's hope it continues and that Malky gets to see his finished product.
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:01 am

It makes the Campbell signing look quite clever too. There is a player with a number of injury problems in recent years, 650K, he must know he can het the best out of him. The article may be a little bias but it does sound like good business getting MM on board.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 am

No question. I rate Malky very highly for this reason. I hope he stays even if results start to go against him. The club benefitted from stability under Dave Jones (look at where we were when he took over to where we ended up when he left) but Dave's big problem (well, one of them) was short termism and failing to build a legacy. I don't fear that problem with Malky and as such think we are more likely to recover from dips in form or bad runs than we ever were previously.

Patience is a virtue and I hope we all remember that when we need to.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:02 pm

Terrific piece. Very enjoyable. No doubt Malky is the man for us and we are lucky to have him but I do wonder if given the resources at his disposal he could have brought better players to the club than we have seen to date?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

We don't really know what resources were available in his first year......I suspect not more than a couple of million, to include new wages. As he proved that he could build an effective squad with little cash and, with the impending re-brand, that was when Tan loosened the purse strings.

I think that we must acknowledge that building the infrastructure described in that blog has not been cheap and that money had to be budgeted for.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 pm

Very interesting to read about some of the behind the scenes activities that contribute to the success on the pitch. Getting the new training ground will be another step towards ensuring the upward momentum.

All the moaning about the rebrand overlooks the genuine investment in the club's resources, as opposed to the slipshod actions of previous regimes.

I liked the dig at Robbie Savage too.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm

Somewhere in there, there was a mention of David Goodwillie and whether Malky's interest might have been misjudged! Personally, I was very glad we didn't get him, simply because of the controversy that surrounded him. However, we don't know what sort of player he would have become under Malky's management, had he come here, rather than to a struggling Blackburn side.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:52 am

Welshineire wrote:I took the time to read that toast and agree, it is worth a read. I suppose we know so little really about what goes on behind the scenes. It sounds like we are not working on a quick fix here, this is building for a bright future.

The future's bright, the future's orange. Oh FFS not another rebranding. Excellent blog article on Malky and his staff 2854552383
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:31 am

Barney Stinson. wrote:
Welshineire wrote:I took the time to read that toast and agree, it is worth a read. I suppose we know so little really about what goes on behind the scenes. It sounds like we are not working on a quick fix here, this is building for a bright future.

The future's bright, the future's orange. Oh FFS not another rebranding. Excellent blog article on Malky and his staff 2854552383

Excellent blog article on Malky and his staff 692773407 Excellent blog article on Malky and his staff 692773407

Satsumabirds! Excellent blog article on Malky and his staff 833362651
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum