Could the Barnsley game be moved to April?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:47 am

Barnsley's win over the MK Dons in the cup today means that they will now be due to play in the 6th round of the cup on the date we should have played them at home.

The midweek immediately following Barnsley already have a fixture against Brighton and the week after that is the international break with Wales among others playing on the Friday night then again on Tuesday 26th March.

I can only see 3 possible dates if the game is rearranged.

Tuesday 23rd April
Tuesday 30th April or
Wed 27th February

This last option actually brings the game forward and i don't know if the football league ever do that with rearranged games.

If the game gets moved to April we will be looking at having 6 of our last 8 games at home - all of them being played in April! Shocked
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 pm

If this is right it would be a real shame for several reasons. Fixture congestion in an already busy April will not be helpful if we are still scrapping for much needed promotion points. However, March was looking at being quite a good month enabling us to maintain a healthy lead over rivals before we enter the last lap and was always going to be a very difficult last few weeks to the season. Taking Barnsley to an already congested April will not help.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh no, I think that means the next 3pm Saturday kick-off is on 13th April.
Sad
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 pm

Think they can move fixtures forward. I'm sure Brighton done it earlier this season and Swansea's match against Liverpool today was re-arranged from next weekend I believe?

Just causes problems for the fans really, having to re-arrange. Can't believe they haven't set aside proper dates for the FA Cup.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:09 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Think they can move fixtures forward. I'm sure Brighton done it earlier this season and Swansea's match against Liverpool today was re-arranged from next weekend I believe?

Just causes problems for the fans really, having to re-arrange. Can't believe they haven't set aside proper dates for the FA Cup.

Could the Barnsley game be moved to April? 2854552383

AGAINST THE MODERN FA CUP
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:32 am

Tuesday, 12th March and Tuesday 19th March are the most likely dates for the rearranged game.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:17 am

Phil Blue/Red wrote:Tuesday, 12th March and Tuesday 19th March are the most likely dates for the rearranged game.

As noted above, Barnsley already have a game on the 12th March, while the 19th is 3 days before Wales play Scotland in the World Cup qualifiers.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:46 am

Unless either Barnsley or Cardiff agree to play two mid-week games in the same week, the only dates available appear to be Wednesday,27th February, Tuesday, 23rd April or Tuesday, 30th April.
We already have 8 games in April, six of which are at home, so I would suspect both the Club and Malky would prefer the 27th February. Whether this date is realistic, considering they only have 11 days to arrange it however, is open to question.
Caer y Glyn
Caer y Glyn
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1927
Posting Flair : 70

PostCaer y Glyn Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 am

I'm all over 27th February as the sooner we play them the better. Also their minds will be on the Cup game at Man City then and may field a weakened team if they think they are safe from relegation but that's not very ikely.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum