View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 am

Looking increasingly likely that our ony solid transfer rumour isn't going to happen. Derby are perfectly happy to hold onto Brayford and are in no rush to sell him, therefore they're asking ludicrous prices that nobody interested in him is willing to match. It was leaked a while back we were looking at spending between 1 and 1.5 million on him, Derby wanted 2 million minimum. They also seem to be moving the goalposts more each day.

Time to look elsewhere?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:21 am

Typical.
The problem Malky has is that he really needs to be getting quality and proven players into the squad. Whereas January Transfer window is only really good for scouring the lower leagues for future talent. Not what we need at the moment.

To be fair, this is really tricky!
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 am

Red614 wrote:Looking increasingly likely that our ony solid transfer rumour isn't going to happen. Derby are perfectly happy to hold onto Brayford and are in no rush to sell him, therefore they're asking ludicrous prices that nobody interested in him is willing to match. It was leaked a while back we were looking at spending between 1 and 1.5 million on him, Derby wanted 2 million minimum. They also seem to be moving the goalposts more each day.

Time to look elsewhere?

We have been linked with Jack Hunt too but if this article is anything to go by he would be even dearer and maybe less chance of getting him if we got into a bidding war.

Huddersfield aim to hold onto £3M Jack Hunt
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:01 am

Plus more flops tend to be bought in January than the summer, it's true. Many bad managers have looked at players who have been mindblowing since the start of the season and snap them up, but yet then go on to never hit that performance level ever again. For example - te 'big' rumour right now is that Michu is on his way to Real Madrid. Is he good enough based on this season? Certainly, arguably one of the best performing players in England this year. But I'd hope Mourinho is wise enough to realise being impressive for four months doesn't immediately make you Madrid quality.

Back on topic and regarding Hunt, I would honestly prefer him to Brayford. Younger and with what I see as much more promise. But this is where I share Malky's opinion - over 2 million for a youth who was playing in league 1 last year and is only 'impressive' is ludicrous.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am

Brayford and Hunt may not be happy to sit and wait until the summer, especially if they know there is a big pay rise waiting for them at the end of a January move.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:31 am

I'm under the impression Hunt is the preferred option but Malky thinks Huddersfield would ask for too much whereas Brayford could be bought at a reasonable price...although that's gone out the window and Hunt is back in the frame!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 am

Hunt is the better player in my view, but I wouldn't pay more than £1million for him.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 am

Well to put it in perspective, Derby have asked for £2million for Brayford, and he isn't as good as Hunt.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:38 am

Apparently our story comes to a sad end - Malky has officially grown tired of Derby's games and has ended all interest in Brayford. Alternatives are now being considered.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:40 am

Red614 wrote:Apparently our story comes to a sad end - Malky has officially grown tired of Derby's games and has ended all interest in Brayford. Alternatives are now being considered.

Is this an official statement?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:54 pm

Posted by Rossco on twitter, now being supported by lots of other sources too.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:08 pm

Not surprised really. Why would Derby want to let him go.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 am

Printed in the Mirror this morning though all but invisible as a rumour anywhere on the web was - Cardiff City to offer £1.75M for Elmohamady.

Not sure what to think of this. He seems to be well thought of at Hull for his loan spell there this season and they would seem to be the natural team for him to head back to if he was sold during January. Money talks however and we do seem to have a little more of it to splash than Hull at the moment if rumours of Campbells potential wage are to be believed.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 am

Toast Boy wrote:Printed in the Mirror this morning though all but invisible as a rumour anywhere on the web was - Cardiff City to offer £1.75M for Elmohamady.

Not sure what to think of this. He seems to be well thought of at Hull for his loan spell there this season and they would seem to be the natural team for him to head back to if he was sold during January. Money talks however and we do seem to have a little more of it to splash than Hull at the moment if rumours of Campbells potential wage are to be believed.

As a member of Sesame Street I rate him very highly, I must admit though he's lacking in height somewhat and I'm almost certain controlling a player with strings from the sidelines is against the rules... Latest on Brayford 692773407
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:11 am

Red614 wrote:
Toast Boy wrote:Printed in the Mirror this morning though all but invisible as a rumour anywhere on the web was - Cardiff City to offer £1.75M for Elmohamady.

As a member of Sesame Street I rate him very highly, I must admit though he's lacking in height somewhat and I'm almost certain controlling a player with strings from the sidelines is against the rules... Latest on Brayford 692773407

It could just be continuing the tradition set during the, admittedly unsuccessful, spell that The Cookie Monster (AKA Jon Parkin) spent with us.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum