View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:06 am

Good job too..... I feel as tho We should've won by 3/4 more, Bellamy seems to just run riot, amazing stuffs, gd to c mm put rudy on to start, So next up brum... No zigic... But can they get a loan striker? In time as they have none?

More of the same pls can't b arsed to look who palace,hull,leicester boro r playing can anyone shed any light, pls Ta?

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 am

It's what great teams do, dominate when in form but also scrape results when they aren't. Manchester United are renowned for it in recent seasons, getting themselves in all sorts of trouble but somehow still winning. It's not just 'being lucky', it takes a hell of a lot of courage from a team under such pressure as our own has been the last few matches to hold onto our leads, when in previous seasons (maybe the start of the current one too) we'd have crumbled. I'm happy to declare we we bottlers no longer.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:50 am

Champio-nay, champio-nay, ole ole ole!
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:05 am

Gentlemen....... I have concerns.... That was not a promotion winning team performance.... In a seaon of epic opponent destroying performances... That was spot on.... However it feels like we've scraped our way to the top... There I've said it... We will however find our mojo
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:20 am

I know what you mean. There is a feeling that we will either get back into our stride, or that our luck may just run out. Having said that no ody questions the likes of man utd or Chelsea winning scrappy matches. They describe it as the Mark of champions. We will see whether that is the case for un come May. For me, I feel we are currently winning matches that we may very well have lost this time last year.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:24 am

Valley Trash wrote:Gentlemen....... I have concerns.... That was not a promotion winning team performance.... In a seaon of epic opponent destroying performances... That was spot on.... However it feels like we've scraped our way to the top... There I've said it... We will however find our mojo

To be honest Trash i feel the same. While i do think our winning habit and our fighting spirit will carry us through this season there is this nagging doubt that, as the season wears on, these battling 2-1 and 1-0 wins might begin to turn into 2-2 draws or goalless stalemates.

I want us to put in more Championship winning style performances not just to help ease my frayed nerves but because i think eventually those improved performances might be needed to keep the points total ticking over the way we need it to.

No one wants the playoffs this season and personally i don't want a last day decider away to Hull either. I do think we will manage to do it either way but i would love to see us stride over the winning line confidently rather than stumble and fall over it with an embarrassed grin.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:36 am

Don't wan't to sound like a damp squib...there was a thread a while a go about the importance of big wins...we need to think we can win big...and then... Tara... You guessed it.. Win big...then we'll get promoted... Hate to mention the All Blaks but they never ever budget for a loss and will quite happily destroy teams mentally, and physically, then shake hands because they are the greatest team on planet... . They know it and so does the scoreboard...

They lost to England cos Wales leads the world in Norovirus
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:44 am

For me a win is a win what ever way it comes The points dont show ugly wins 833362651

Great job Lads The points dont show ugly wins 833362651
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:49 am

I agree, great 3 points... The points dont show ugly wins 833362651 The points dont show ugly wins 833362651
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:53 am

.... and as Welshineire has rightly pointed out points we might not have managed to get last season. I think the team has moved on but my worrying mentality is still stuck in the same place as the last few seasons The points dont show ugly wins 692773407
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:41 am

Given our recent history it's only natural that we would feel nervous. But this is different, whether the end of season will be different, who knows.
Screaming Blue Messiah
Screaming Blue Messiah
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 183
Posting Flair : 50

PostScreaming Blue Messiah Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:50 am

I don't think we've really played that well so far this season, by that I mean we haven't put together a run of good performances, although we have had runs of good results. Hopefully our run of good performances are ahead of us.

Having said this we are 5 points clear at the top of the league. We have won so many times when the games have been close and we've not really clicked as a team to more than suggest that this squad has a winning mentality. When the pressure's on this team can tough it out. Dare I even say the away collapses from earlier in the season seem to have dried up too?

I'm finding this difficult to come to terms with, my Cardiff are a team that suggests they will do something before failing miserably. As Toast Boy says the team may have moved on from the choking and collapses of the past but I haven't quite come to terms with it.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:59 am

Lets not forget that a short while ago, we beat Leicester, on their ground. That's a big win.

We didn't destroy Milwall because we took our foot off the gas, lost our midfield dynamo at half time and didn't have anyone up front with positional awareness and a clinical edge.

That's why in January, an experienced midfielder with a bit of bite and a prolific striker will be the difference between a 1-0 win and a 5-0 win.

But I'm not concerned. If we don't get these players we will carry on winning ugly. And that will still get us up! And then we will get them in July anyway...
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:51 am

I guess the thing for me is as SBM says we've had great results but not many great performances... Blackburn, Blackpool, Burnley and Buggering Wolves are the only decent performances that spring to mind... and all against teams that begin with 'B'... Now bring on Brum
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum