View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 am

That's Palace out of the way, so on to the next challenge.........

Team wise, this is a bit more difficult to call. You would expect Bellamy to sit this one out, as three games in eight days might be too much for his knees. However, with the FA Cup coming up next week and his starring performances in the big games against Leicester and Palace, it's not inconceivable that Malky will ask him to go again.........

However, my prediction........

Marshall

Connolly, Hudson, Turner, Taylor

Noone, Mutch, Whitts, Kimbo

Mason, Gestede

Expect to see Gunnarsson, Conway and either Cowie or Bellamy (depending how the game is going) in the second half.........3 - 0 to City ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 1525230823
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:44 am

2-0 City ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 833362651

My line up would be 451

Marshall

Connolly
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Noone
Gunnars - CDM
Whitts
Mutch
Conway

Helguson
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:24 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:That's Palace out of the way, so on to the next challenge.........

Team wise, this is a bit more difficult to call. You would expect Bellamy to sit this one out, as three games in eight days might be too much for his knees. However, with the FA Cup coming up next week and his starring performances in the big games against Leicester and Palace, it's not inconceivable that Malky will ask him to go again.........

However, my prediction........

Marshall

Connolly, Hudson, Turner, Taylor

Noone, Mutch, Whitts, Kimbo

Mason, Gestede

Expect to see Gunnarsson, Conway and either Cowie or Bellamy (depending how the game is going) in the second half.........3 - 0 to City ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 1525230823

Super Kev may keep his place due to him keeping Zaha quiet, I don't rate Kev any more but he did do as he was asked. Gunnar will be in for Mutch, Conway will keep his place with Noone on the other flank as he seems to prefer Kimbo away from home but the rest I agree with.

Milwall have sent super striker Chris Wood back to West Brom before the City game as he is joining Leicester so that's a bonus for us as well.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:35 am

I reckon this

U.S. Marshall

Billy Connolly
Big Ben
The Rock
Tails

Conway Air
The Gun Show
Whitts
No One

Bellers
Gestayonyafeet

Think Gunnars did enough to warrant a starting place and Rudy has been more effective than Helguson, who needs a rest. I think Malky will revert back to his favoured defence too.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:46 am

***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 4268314175 Just realised that there is also Brum away between Millwall and the Cup game. Pretty sure that Bellamy will be needed more for that game than on Saturday, so even more doubt that we'll see him start against Millwall.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:12 am

Helguson shouldn't play, but I think we are all pretty much certain he will, Malky is infuriatingly stubborn in his 'lets play an ageing striker every single match even though he's very obviously tired and there's plenty of youthful legs on the bench' playstyle.

Mutch, while I think he on paper is first team, appears to have struggled to readjust since his long term injury. As many of you have already said, it would be hard to justify not giving Gunnarrson this spot instead.

Any word on Smith's return? The sooner he returns to right wing the better, I still say he's unlucky not to have numerous goals as it is. Without him our right wing still seems a weak area, Kimbo the most favourable option but still lacking in consistency and true damage.

With McNaughton I'm in two minds. Awesome yesterday, abysmal before. You could argue that with Millwall definetely coming for a boxing match the hard hitting technique he used yesterday would work a treat in response, yet you can also argue that if he has another shocker we have another wasted sub. I think ill leave this one to Malky.

Prediction - ill go for a confident 2-0 win. Millwall play dirty, but they are also laying the dirtiest team in the league. We should be able to take it and give it back harder, then score a couple of times too. Plus Chris Wood is almost certainly on his way out of the door, i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start, and if he does he could be off his game mentally.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:17 am

Chris Wood has already gone back to West Brom due to his imminent transfer to Leicester, so that leaves them with Andy Keogh as main striker I believe.
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:22 am

McNaughton was great against Palace but Connolly lost his place through suspension not form and I think Malky will go back to our first choice back four.

As has been said, Gunns deserves a game and I think Malky will rotate the wide men and rest Noone. It's hard to see Cowie missing two games on the run so expect him in at some point.

Rudy should play before Helguson but wont and I think Malky will play Bellamy for at least an hour.

My predicted team:

Marshall, Connolly, Hudson, Turner, Taylor, Kimbo (Cowie), Whitts, Gunns, Noone, Helguson (Gestede), Bellamy (Mason)

Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm

As much as it might be tempting to rest Bellamy, he has been the stand-out performer in the last two games. Arguably we would not have won either of these games without his considerable contribution.
My team is therefore:

Marshall
Connolly
Hudson
Turner
Taylor

Noone
Gunnarson
Whittingham
Kim Bo-Young

Bellamy
Helguson

3-0 City.

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:42 pm

Very true Phil regarding Bellamy - although we don't want to wear him out

I guess we will see which game, league or cup, is more important by whether Bellamy is in the squad or not.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Rhys wrote:Very true Phil regarding Bellamy - although we don't want to wear him out

I guess we will see which game, league or cup, is more important by whether Bellamy is in the squad or not.

I've a feeling we'll see the Velikonja, Kiss, Ralls, Nugent, MacNaughton etc in the FA cup game. I think MM has bigger fish to fry this season!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Velikonja in the cup tie sounds like a great idea, but no doubt even if he scores a hat trick comprising of a flying volley, a dribble past all ten outfield players and an overhead missile from the half way line Malky would still tell everyone he's 'not ready for the championship'.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

PostPhil Blue/Red Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Red614 wrote:Velikonja in the cup tie sounds like a great idea, but no doubt even if he scores a hat trick comprising of a flying volley, a dribble past all ten outfield players and an overhead missile from the half way line Malky would still tell everyone he's 'not ready for the championship'.

I've felt frustrated about the fact that MM hasn't given Velikonja a chance, but lets be honest, its the experienced players that have got us through the last few games.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:02 pm

3-0 City ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 833362651 ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 833362651 ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 833362651

Also I believe Velcro will get some game time soon and may be a presence in the second half of the season (bookmark under 'Mare in waiting')
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:09 pm

We will win the league with 3 games to go, (bookmark that) ***Official Match Day Thread - City v Millwall*** 692773407 and velcro will get his game then, maybe Malky will play him in fa cup?? (You would hope) anyway prediction for sat 2-1 city
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum