Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Today's Championship news from the beeb.

Barnsley: Keith Hill outraged by Leeds penalty decision Barnsley boss Keith Hill was outraged by the decision to award Leeds a penalty in the 1-0 loss at Elland Road.

Referee Darren Deadman gave the spot-kick, despite Stephen Foster appearing to foul Lee Peltier outside the box, which was enough to hand Leeds victory.

Marvin Sordell claims racial abuse at Millwall v Bolton Wanderers The Football Association is investigating claims by Marvin Sordell that Bolton players were racially abused during their loss to Millwall.

Sordell, 21, said on Twitter that derogatory remarks were made to him and team-mates Lee Chung-Yong, Darren Pratley and Benik Afobe at The Den.

"Chungy, Pratts, Benik and I had all sorts of things said to us," the England under-21 international tweeted.

Alan Shearer open to Blackburn manager talks Former Blackburn striker Alan Shearer has said he would be open to talks about becoming the club's manager.
Shearer scored 131 goals in four years at Blackburn, following a record £3.6m move from Southampton, and helped them win the Premier League title in 1995.

Discuss!
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

As usual, I have an opinion on three of these stories.

1) The penalty decision was ridiculous! Nothing seems to go right for Keith Hill's team and I feel sorry for them.

2) Millwall seems to me very much like a club in a place very similar to us in the 90's and early 00's. Must be so frustrating for genuine fans of the club be tarnished along with the idiots. I know all about that first hand.

3) Shearer? Haha...I can see Blackburn having a 'mare of a season now, whoever they end up with. The fans are complete idiots and were disgusting in the treatment of Kean. You have to be careful what you wish for.
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:38 pm

Glad we didn't get Shearer

Malky Championship News 833362651 Championship News 833362651 Championship News 833362651
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:37 pm

The penalty decision was indeed shocking, but things like that are going to happen constantly until we give up and accept that a referee is only one man that can only be in one place at once and can't always have the best view of every single thing that happens. Until you give the referees help, I'm talking the ability to ask a video assistant for a second opinion, it won't change and will happen again.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:42 pm

Red614 wrote:The penalty decision was indeed shocking, but things like that are going to happen constantly until we give up and accept that a referee is only one man that can only be in one place at once and can't always have the best view of every single thing that happens. Until you give the referees help, I'm talking the ability to ask a video assistant for a second opinion, it won't change and will happen again.
In cricket, umpires will go to the video umpire for a run out decision even when they've had a clear view of the incident. There's no reason why, if the referee has blown for a foul he couldn't go to a video ref for an opinion on whether it was in or outside the area. But given the time it's taken to get even the basic essential of goal-line technology in place, it's not going to happen any time soon. There was another goal-line incident at Newcastle yesterday - the officials got the right decision, but I suspect more by luck than judgement.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Barnsley: Keith Hill outraged by Leeds penalty decision Barnsley boss Keith Hill was outraged by the decision to award Leeds a penalty in the 1-0 loss at Elland Road.

Referee Darren Deadman gave the spot-kick, despite Stephen Foster appearing to foul Lee Peltier outside the box, which was enough to hand Leeds victory.
<<<---- i didnt c penalty decision'

Marvin Sordell claims racial abuse at Millwall v Bolton Wanderers The Football Association is investigating claims by Marvin Sordell that Bolton players were racially abused during their loss to Millwall.

Sordell, 21, said on Twitter that derogatory remarks were made to him and team-mates Lee Chung-Yong, Darren Pratley and Benik Afobe at The Den.

"Chungy, Pratts, Benik and I had all sorts of things said to us," the England under-21 international tweeted. <<<----- shame some fans are complete and utter idiots

Alan Shearer open to Blackburn manager talks Former Blackburn striker Alan Shearer has said he would be open to talks about becoming the club's manager.
Shearer scored 131 goals in four years at Blackburn, following a record £3.6m move from Southampton, and helped them win the Premier League title in 1995.
<<<---- haha blackburn will be in freefall can see them fin mid table aong with bolton, when middlesboro got relegated a few years bk i thought they would go straight bk up but they are nothing now, could this be about 2 happen 2 bburn?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 am

Are you on a mobile Vinnie, or have you suddenly suffered massive brain damage? Championship News 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 am

Don't want to start a whole new topic on this - so lets call this football news.

What's the opinion on Van Persie getting away with the elbow in the face? I can't get a high quality image to display, but the newspapers have one that looks quite clearly like the elbow was deliberately raised at a funny angle. Besides, unless the man in question is less than 5 feet tall, i don't think anyone naturally raises their elbow that high when running to be able to hit them in the face like that.

Elbow was deliberately raised and his let off is yet another thread in the Manchester United conspiracy theory, is my opinion.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:27 am

I agree it looks highly suspicious. Not clear from the replays if it was an elbow or a flat arm, but it definitely looked like something less friendly than a pat on the back. The FA are taking no further action, though - maybe they've used the lack of a decent image as an excuse to do nothing.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:53 am

Red614 wrote:Are you on a mobile Vinnie, or have you suddenly suffered massive brain damage? Championship News 692773407

i appologise mr red... Championship News 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:57 am

The Tonker wrote:I agree it looks highly suspicious. Not clear from the replays if it was an elbow or a flat arm, but it definitely looked like something less friendly than a pat on the back. The FA are taking no further action, though - maybe they've used the lack of a decent image as an excuse to do nothing.
m
The decision wasnt actually the FA's, it was...dun dun dun... Howard Webb's.

As referee for the match in question he knew better than anybody how the two players were reacting to each other before and after the incident, so he was given the video footage to make the ultimate call. He decided there was no proof it was meant menacingly.

I used to think this United conspiracy theory was just fans being petty, but I'm starting to admit there is something fishy. A referee is demoted to League 2 for the first time in three years the day after he makes a decision against United. Howard Webb, a man who's been photographed regularly wearing Manchester United tops, is handed one of their most important fixtures, and then makes a controversial decision to not ban the teams top scorer by a mile. You have to admit, it's looking dodgy.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 am

Red614 wrote:Are you on a mobile Vinnie, or have you suddenly suffered massive brain damage? Championship News 692773407

lol!
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 am

Red614 wrote:
The Tonker wrote:I agree it looks highly suspicious. Not clear from the replays if it was an elbow or a flat arm, but it definitely looked like something less friendly than a pat on the back. The FA are taking no further action, though - maybe they've used the lack of a decent image as an excuse to do nothing.
m
The decision wasnt actually the FA's, it was...dun dun dun... Howard Webb's.

As referee for the match in question he knew better than anybody how the two players were reacting to each other before and after the incident, so he was given the video footage to make the ultimate call. He decided there was no proof it was meant menacingly.

I used to think this United conspiracy theory was just fans being petty, but I'm starting to admit there is something fishy. A referee is demoted to League 2 for the first time in three years the day after he makes a decision against United. Howard Webb, a man who's been photographed regularly wearing Manchester United tops, is handed one of their most important fixtures, and then makes a controversial decision to not ban the teams top scorer by a mile. You have to admit, it's looking dodgy.

I think this is the major reason why FIFA and EUFA are dragging their heels on the use of video technology. Unless framed very carefully, video technology will limit the ability of referees to "favour" the "Product" clubs.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum