Nathan Blake: We need a loan striker - I think he is wrong.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 pm

According Blake, he believes that we need another striker now that we have lost Maynard. What do you think? Link

My view is let's not be too hasty - I think we have another firepower in the squad already.

It would also send out the wrong message to the squad - it will be basically say "I don't trust you enough and I don't think you are good enough to play regularly - we need someone else."

If the likes of Mason, Velikonja and even Gestede start to believe that they will not make the first team, even if they deserve it, they will start to become unhappy. They must believe that they at least have a chance of playing.

This is why I think we should not be looking at the loan market right now.
Goodnight
Goodnight
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 560
Posting Flair : 40

PostGoodnight Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Gestede is never going to make it in the football league no matter what division he were to try. That aside though I totally agree with your point. We still have the flexibility I our squad to play 451 with Helgusson as the focal point and 442 with a choice of Mason,Bellamy, Veronica and Helgusson. That's plenty to be going on with. Like you say add anymore and we run the risk of an unhappy ship.
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Agreed. We have options. Surely the point of a large squad is to allow for these unforseen eventualities. Maynard is a huge loss, but this may just be the opportunity for others to show their true worth. There as players that have barely had a run in the team since the new arrivals. However good any player is they are "a player" as in singular. Come on now let's give them a chance. Well another chance.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:52 pm

I agree we should trust the players we already have. I know he's a completely different player to Maynard, but maybe, just maybe letting Earnie go on loan may have been a mistake. Just a thought.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Caldi Blue wrote:I agree we should trust the players we already have. I know he's a completely different player to Maynard, but maybe, just maybe letting Earnie go on loan may have been a mistake. Just a thought.

I agree - I know I am probably alone in this but I still rate Earnshaw and think he could have done a job for us if only he was given a chance.

The few times that we saw him last season, he looked sharp and dangerous - especially in comparison to Miller.

Sad to see him go.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:13 am

As long as Velikonja and Kimbo can adapt to English (and Welsh?) football, we will be fine.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 am

If we're going to dabble in the loan market then FOR GOODNESS SAKES LET IT BE A DEFENDER! And no, Mr Blake, we're not signing you on loan no matter how many hints you drop...
michaelccfc88
michaelccfc88
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 166
Posting Flair : 20

Postmichaelccfc88 Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 pm

Agreed Rhys, we have Bellamy, Mason, Velikonja and Gestede. Perhaps if none of them are doing the business by Jan we should have a look but until then...
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum