Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:16 am

Nicky Maynard has undergone a scan after suffering a knee injury during his side's 2-0 win at Millwall.
The 25-year-old summer signing was taken off by stretcher during the second half of the game at The Den.
The club are yet to know the extent of the injury or how long Maynard may be absent.
"He's twisted his knee and we'll have that scanned," said Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay.

"I really don't know what's gone on there at the moment. It will settle down and we'll scan it."
Maynard joined Cardiff from West Ham United for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract in August.
The former Crewe and Bristol City player has made three appearances since joining on transfer deadline day but has yet to score for his new club.
"I think he's done great since he came in," Mackay added.
"We've got a good medical team here and a good medical set-up in Cardiff. He'll be getting the best treatment.
"We'll wait and see. There's no point talking about it until we actually get facts."
Cardiff remain fifth in the Championship, a point behind leaders Blackburn Rovers, after securing their first away win of the season at Millwall.
Two second half goals from Peter Whittingham and Craig Noone saw Cardiff win at Millwall for the first time in 30 years.
Mackay's side will make a quick return to London for Saturday's Championship game at Crystal Palace.
"This is a tough place to come," Mackay said following his side's win at The Den.
"I've never had an easy game here and for us to score two goals again and keep another clean sheet away from home I was delighted with.
"You've got to come to places like Millwall and win games and we've got another tough one on Saturday going down to Selhurst Park."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19644834
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 am

Thought we would have found out today tbh
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:21 am

I know what you mean...delay tactics from malky? Out of the same book he got off his shelf for Bellamy?
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend

Postthewelshfella Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:30 am

I think we are looking at atleast 1 month before he will be back.

Malky will just have to play Bellamy. Hate it when we have to rely on the bench Cardiff City wait on Nicky Maynard knee injury scan 692773407

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:32 am

That's the thing though - will Malky play Bellamy up front or would he rather keep him on the wing?

I wonder if this might be Mason's opportunity..
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend

Postthewelshfella Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:38 am

Yeah I can see Mason getting his first chance this season also.

Bellars & Noone on the wings for sure. Looks like it just me and you online rhys.

You dont have to keep me company Cardiff City wait on Nicky Maynard knee injury scan 692773407 Ill just wonder around in cyber space by myself Tumble Weed
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 am

thewelshfella wrote:Yeah I can see Mason getting his first chance this season also.

Bellars & Noone on the wings for sure. Looks like it just me and you online rhys.

You dont have to keep me company Cardiff City wait on Nicky Maynard knee injury scan 692773407 Ill just wonder around in cyber space by myself Tumble Weed

Have a look again man -

Caldi Blue, Cyncoedslumdog, Happy Days, Officer Crabtree, Red614, Rhys, thewelshfella, Toast Boy, Welshineire

Some people just prefer to read I guess Cardiff City wait on Nicky Maynard knee injury scan 3392635135
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend

Postthewelshfella Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 am

Cardiff City wait on Nicky Maynard knee injury scan 4268314175
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum