Malky needs to fix things.... quick

View previous topic View next topic Go down

norfolkbluebird
norfolkbluebird
Academy Player
User Points : 197
Posting Flair : 10

Postnorfolkbluebird Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:25 am

We may be only a couple of points adrift but on today's performance we have zero defensive capability and only want to play long ball. We look attacking when the ball is on the ground! Defensively we are ineffective. The only positive to take is that we scored 2 goals and seem to have some fight in us.

Not the greatest start to the weekend, City lose to the Wurzels and Hearing the Jacks have won convincingly again!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 am

I dread hearing "Long ball by Hudson".........as I have said in another thread.
norfolkbluebird
norfolkbluebird
Academy Player

Postnorfolkbluebird Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:47 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:I dread hearing "Long ball by Hudson".........as I have said in another thread.

I seriously believe that Hudson can't play any other way, his default is hoof it.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:01 am

There's no way to sugar coat it, today was a shocking outcome. You can throw all the 'it was an away game' and 'derbies are always unpredictable' nonsense you like at me but the reality is we want to win the league, and Bristol will consider themselves lucky to not be relegated. It didn't look like that today. Bolton, Leeds, Blackburn, Leicester, Wolves, all of them would of easily tore a hole straight through us. Our defence that until now was so good seemed absolutely hopeless, just letting counter attack after counter attack fly straight past them. We have the best midfield in the league potentially but Malky still stubbornly applies a flat 4-5-1 with long ball tactics. He keeps playing Cowie on that wing when he's useless there, even now when we have another player in Smith who is natural in that position. Gunnarrson was inexplicably dropped even though as late as last night he was posting on twitter he was up for the game, so clearly not injured. Conway the same, I've heard nothing about an injury.

It was awful, and ranks possibly as one of the worst days in my football fan history. We suffer a big loss to one of our rivals, while our south Wales rivals top the premiership. It's not good enough, and Malky needs to fix things or people will turn against him quickly. Most importantly, Vincent Tan himself will.
norfolkbluebird
norfolkbluebird
Academy Player

Postnorfolkbluebird Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:19 am

Red614 wrote:There's no way to sugar coat it, today was a shocking outcome. You can throw all the 'it was an away game' and 'derbies are always unpredictable' nonsense you like at me but the reality is we want to win the league, and Bristol will consider themselves lucky to not be relegated. It didn't look like that today. Bolton, Leeds, Blackburn, Leicester, Wolves, all of them would of easily tore a hole straight through us. Our defence that until now was so good seemed absolutely hopeless, just letting counter attack after counter attack fly straight past them. We have the best midfield in the league potentially but Malky still stubbornly applies a flat 4-5-1 with long ball tactics. He keeps playing Cowie on that wing when he's useless there, even now when we have another player in Smith who is natural in that position. Gunnarrson was inexplicably dropped even though as late as last night he was posting on twitter he was up for the game, so clearly not injured. Conway the same, I've heard nothing about an injury.

It was awful, and ranks possibly as one of the worst days in my football fan history. We suffer a big loss to one of our rivals, while our south Wales rivals top the premiership. It's not good enough, and Malky needs to fix things or people will turn against him quickly. Most importantly, Vincent Tan himself will.

I couldn't agree more, I try and remain positive this early in the season but I found it difficult to find any today, as I said above 2 goals and a least some desire is all I could find.

At this point he has to look at the back room and on field team and question if any of them have the technique, passion and desire to make us automatic promotion candidates. Hopefully the alleged dressing room bust up today, although i read that on ccmb so could be complete bolloc, makes everyone of them (team and management) look at themselves and turn things around.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:24 am

Red614 wrote:There's no way to sugar coat it, today was a shocking outcome. You can throw all the 'it was an away game' and 'derbies are always unpredictable' nonsense you like at me but the reality is we want to win the league, and Bristol will consider themselves lucky to not be relegated. It didn't look like that today. Bolton, Leeds, Blackburn, Leicester, Wolves, all of them would of easily tore a hole straight through us. Our defence that until now was so good seemed absolutely hopeless, just letting counter attack after counter attack fly straight past them. We have the best midfield in the league potentially but Malky still stubbornly applies a flat 4-5-1 with long ball tactics. He keeps playing Cowie on that wing when he's useless there, even now when we have another player in Smith who is natural in that position. Gunnarrson was inexplicably dropped even though as late as last night he was posting on twitter he was up for the game, so clearly not injured. Conway the same, I've heard nothing about an injury.

Gunnarsson played until half time, than replaced by Mason. It sounded like Smith had a reasonable game, to be fair..........Connolly also until he gave away the ball for the fourth goal.

I don't care who we lose to, provided we give a good account and the local rivalries thing is all a bit childish......credit where credit is due.........Bristol City are on the up and Swansea go from strength to strength..........good luck to them both, now let's get the right balance into our team.......we have the players, ffs, use them properly.
norfolkbluebird
norfolkbluebird
Academy Player

Postnorfolkbluebird Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:

Gunnarsson played until half time, than replaced by Mason. It sounded like Smith had a reasonable game, to be fair..........Connolly also until he gave away the ball for the fourth goal.

I don't care who we lose to, provided we give a good account and the local rivalries thing is all a bit childish......credit where credit is due.........Bristol City are on the up and Swansea go from strength to strength..........good luck to them both, now let's get the right balance into our team.......we have the players, ffs, use them properly.

Agree he needs to think up some other formations and use them. Smith looked ok but lacking fitness, can't understand why Mason didn't start. As I say he needs to fix it quickly so we don't lose much ground. Just heard that Blackpool are 5 up so we will finish around 9th tonight 2 points behind auto (Blackpool) so not all lost and a long way to go.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:34 am

See, im so annoyed I completely forgot Gunnarrson played Malky needs to fix things.... quick 692773407

Smith was good, and he should of played the wing, not Cowie. Whitts should then of played the role Smith played, because lord knows he's no defensive midfielder.

And above all else if Malky is so determined to play long ball football, he shouldn't of signed a short target man.
norfolkbluebird
norfolkbluebird
Academy Player

Postnorfolkbluebird Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:19 am

Red614 wrote:See, im so annoyed I completely forgot Gunnarrson played Malky needs to fix things.... quick 692773407

Smith was good, and he should of played the wing, not Cowie. Whitts should then of played the role Smith played, because lord knows he's no defensive midfielder.

And above all else if Malky is so determined to play long ball football, he shouldn't of signed a short target man.

And when he didn't sign a big target man, I thought he had a game plan that didn't involve needing a crouch-alike frontman. Let's hope he watches the game back to learn from it.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 am

We have played 3 games & to be honest I dont think that we deserved to win any of them.

We are lucky to have 4 points ,but not to worry wolves & leeds are next. Malky needs to fix things.... quick 692773407 The only thing diffrent from todays game was they took the sh*t load of chances we give them & huddersfield & brighton couldnt.

Any managers Job is on the line when this kind of money is being spent and the pressure is showing.
dbtscity
dbtscity
Academy Player
User Points : 12

Postdbtscity Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:29 am

We're still lacking to find the killer pass that creates the chances. Hopefully a weeks training with Kim coming in will balance the wide areas with Bellamy out wide.

A positive is that we have 4 points which we can build on, and if we do beat wolves we'll be in the same situation that we was in last season, with 2 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat.

Once we start gelling I have the utmost confidence we can at least make the play offs.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum