View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:18 am

I'll start. What a horrible start to my season, at both levels. At championship level Rhodes was injured, Bellamy was shut out, Phillips didn't play, Gerrard got booked, Whitts was disappointing, I could go on and on. Very similar with my premiership team, albeit slightly better. Giroud looked impressive but failed to score, I backed Cisse but Ba scored, Ruddy had a rough time in goal. My only saviours were Gervhino played real well and considering Liverpools mare, I heard Allen played quite well.

Still, only the first game!
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:32 am

Don't think I've had a great week in the Championship either. When do they update the tables?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:34 am

I'm assuming once all games in that week are tied up, so tomorrow.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:36 am

My Championship wasn't great, but my Premier League one I still have loads of players playing tomorrow.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:57 pm

I had a shocker - though a couple of hours before kick off, I swapped Gerrard fir Hudson!

Does anyone know who's 'assist' it was?

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:11 pm

The BBC write-up gave it to Gunnarrson. I'm not sure if a failed flying volley that happened to land in front of Hudson can REALLY count as an assist, but whatever ****RBMB fantasy football official discussion topic*** 692773407
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 pm

So, complete renovation of my premier league team. Decided that Cisse might not be so lucky this year and was overpriced, likewise with Holt. Replaced the pair with Lukaku, who after watching Albion I reckon will be a machine this season, and Defoe, who as Spur's only forward should score plenty. My final change was dumping Carrick, who I have no idea why I picked, for, gulp, a Swansea player. Michu is phenomenal, and a steal for his price. If Carrick now scores a hat trick, I might cry.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Red614 wrote:So, complete renovation of my premier league team. Decided that Cisse might not be so lucky this year and was overpriced, likewise with Holt. Replaced the pair with Lukaku, who after watching Albion I reckon will be a machine this season, and Defoe, who as Spur's only forward should score plenty. My final change was dumping Carrick, who I have no idea why I picked, for, gulp, a Swansea player. Michu is phenomenal, and a steal for his price. If Carrick now scores a hat trick, I might cry.

I also think hell might freeze over if that happens
Davz-15
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 213
Posting Flair : 80

PostDavz-15 Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Red614 wrote:So, complete renovation of my premier league team. Decided that Cisse might not be so lucky this year and was overpriced, likewise with Holt. Replaced the pair with Lukaku, who after watching Albion I reckon will be a machine this season, and Defoe, who as Spur's only forward should score plenty. My final change was dumping Carrick, who I have no idea why I picked, for, gulp, a Swansea player. Michu is phenomenal, and a steal for his price. If Carrick now scores a hat trick, I might cry.

Why didn't you leave carrick in your team until after united have played their game? Seems a bit silly to take him out before their game!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Davz-15 wrote:

Why didn't you leave carrick in your team until after united have played their game? Seems a bit silly to take him out before their game!

Not going to lie, but of a mate on my behalf Carrick. I hadn't watched MOTD yet, checked today's matches and didn't see them so assumed they had played a boring game out yesterday. In hindsight I should of looked properly, but I went in to get rid of Holt and Cisse and Carrick came as an after thought. But at worst it's going to cost me an appearance point, I very much doubt anymore. With any luck he won't even appear, then I'm laughing.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Red614 wrote:
Davz-15 wrote:

Not going to lie, but of a mare on my behalf Carrick. I hadn't watched MOTD yet, checked today's matches and didn't see them so assumed they had played a boring game out yesterday. In hindsight I should of looked properly, but I went in to get rid of Holt and Cisse and Carrick came as an after thought. But at worst it's going to cost me an appearance point, I very much doubt anymore. With any luck he won't even appear, then I'm laughing.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:47 am

Long way to go yet, just going to stick with my side.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:58 am

Slumdogs sitting pretty.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:03 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Long way to go yet, just going to stick with my side.

That's the question - how long do you think we/you should stick to your current team? I'm getting twitchy!
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Rhys wrote:
*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Long way to go yet, just going to stick with my side.

That's the question - how long do you think we/you should stick to your current team? I'm getting twitchy!

I'm too scared to take players out because they always score as soon as I do ****RBMB fantasy football official discussion topic*** 692773407
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum