View previous topic View next topic Go down

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 6591
Posting Flair : 303

Post•••••••™ Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:44 am

Mason looks good in red. Turner looks better in blue. I quite liked the Huddersfield kit.

Onwards and upwards Cardiff City v Huddersfield Match Report 833362651
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:46 am

And Marshall won the game for us.
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:58 am

Helgerson looks like a good signing, we missed having a player like him last season.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:09 am

Disappointed with Cowie tonight, but Mason looked sharp when he replaced him.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:19 am

I LOVE U ALL
•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:22 am

The Devil's Advocate wrote:Disappointed with Cowie tonight, but Mason looked sharp when he replaced him.

First game of the season is always a bit ropey, it will take a few matches for the team to get into their stride.
Malaise Yeah!
Malaise Yeah!
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 382
Posting Flair : 50

PostMalaise Yeah! Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:18 am

Not wishing to go all negative in our happy home but that could have been last year's end of season side with Miller up front and no idea how to use him. A squad well blessed with forwards now and we play with one at home (Bellamy was hardly in the game out wide for some reason) and ask him to jump for the ball all night. However, perspective is important. First game and we did scrape 3 points. In Malky we trust.
NN2Red2
NN2Red2
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1617
Posting Flair : 80

PostNN2Red2 Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:11 am

Malaise Yeah! wrote:Not wishing to go all negative in our happy home but that could have been last year's end of season side with Miller up front and no idea how to use him. A squad well blessed with forwards now and we play with one at home (Bellamy was hardly in the game out wide for some reason) and ask him to jump for the ball all night. However, perspective is important. First game and we did scrape 3 points. In Malky we trust.

We could have lost; we didn't, we stole three points. ~Promotion form. IMHO.
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:21 am

We stole 3 points first game last season too at Upton Park thanks to Kenny.

•••••••™
•••••••™
Club Legend
Club Legend

Post•••••••™ Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

I think Kimbo is going to make a big difference, I have a good feeling about him. Still not 100% convinced about our available striking options though.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:21 pm

One game at a time guys. A win is a win whether it's pretty or not. Cater in the fact many of our first team are either not here (Kim) or are a little tired from internationals or the cup only a few days ago. The squads completely reworked attack also still needs some time to grow into a working unit - Bellamy displays that very obviously since he seemed very disconnected from the rest at times.

What I took from the night is actually some more wing players would be a good idea. With no Kim and Conway not playing we were stuck with Cowie on the right, who I really don't think cuts it. It's even worse on the left when we don't play Bellamy though. That shouldn't take away the fact though that far too many times last night our defence were dire, and seriously need reworking.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Malaise Yeah! wrote:Not wishing to go all negative in our happy home but that could have been last year's end of season side with Miller up front and no idea how to use him. A squad well blessed with forwards now and we play with one at home (Bellamy was hardly in the game out wide for some reason) and ask him to jump for the ball all night. However, perspective is important. First game and we did scrape 3 points. In Malky we trust.

Some valid points there. It was worrying to see some of the poor habits of last season still in evidence.

Despite having much less possession, Huddersfield created more chances. Marshall made at least 3 great saves that kept City in the game.

Finally, all hail the new clock. Cardiff City v Huddersfield Match Report 1499845164
I laughed out loud when I first saw it.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Red614 wrote:One game at a time guys. A win is a win whether it's pretty or not. Cater in the fact many of our first team are either not here (Kim) or are a little tired from internationals or the cup only a few days ago. The squads completely reworked attack also still needs some time to grow into a working unit - Bellamy displays that very obviously since he seemed very disconnected from the rest at times.

What I took from the night is actually some more wing players would be a good idea. With no Kim and Conway not playing we were stuck with Cowie on the right, who I really don't think cuts it. It's even worse on the left when we don't play Bellamy though. That shouldn't take away the fact though that far too many times last night our defence were dire, and seriously need reworking.

I'll go along with what you have said here. Given the players we have, I would hope to see more flexibility throughout a game. For instance, Bellamy was obviously against a very good full back, so why didn't he switch to the right occasionally, where he is equally effective? Cowie is capable of filling the space on the left, but Cowie & McNaughton produced very little threat, working together. Bellamy was obviously hoping for better service from Taylor, but given that City were on the back foot for much of the game, there was little scope for that partnership to flourish.

A player who did catch my eye was Jordon Mutch. He clearly is not fully match fit yet, but I think he will grow and the team with him. I was also impressed by the little cameo we saw from Filip Kiss.....he may well press Gunnarsson for a starting place this year.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Mutch has really impressed me these last two games. I didn't know much about him beyond that 'talented youth' tag he has and the Birmingham City fans in my family all telling me how devestated they were that he left. But what he showed, especially against Newcastle but also last night, was a ball holding ability I haven't seen in our midfield for a while. Not afraid to hold the ball and his passes are useful yet safe. He's given us more ball posession in the centre of the pitch and that, again, especially against Newcastle gave our other outfield players much more confidence in joining plays and making themselves dangerous. He's also shown himself to be decent going forward (although he may need some finishing practice from what I saw). Ignoring the fanfare that comes with Bellamy, he's my favourite new signing from what I've seen so far.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:40 pm

•••••••™️ wrote:
Mason looks good in red. Turner looks better in blue. I quite liked the Huddersfield kit.

Onwards and upwards Cardiff City v Huddersfield Match Report 833362651

Great report, difficult to disagree with anything you have said.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum