Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 10721
Posting Flair : 1193
https://social-media-posting.com

PostColonel Cardiffi Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:55 am

Looking forward to tomorrow, hope this new group of lads are up to the challenge.

Who's going to the game? Or watching it on the new foreign stream thingy?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:23 pm

I've got the iFollow package, so line speed permitting, I will watch the live coverage.

This harks back to another thread about broadband. In putting the live video in place, it presumes that ex pats have decent line speed to be able to watch in the first place. Certainly in the rural areas of France, where most of us are, that is not the case. Spent some time in Spain during the last winter and the only decent broadband we found was on the Costa Blanca. Costa del Sol, where there are a lot of Brits, was hopeless.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Can't make the game but massively looking forward to it. I'll go with a 1-1 draw but would love it if we can keep this momentum going.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:16 pm

I'd be happy with a draw today and a win Tuesday. Also going to the first U23 game v Sheffield Weds on Monday afternoon.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 pm

What's this foreign stream thingy?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Red614 wrote:What's this foreign stream thingy?

Live video coverage of your Football League club games for anyone living outside UK and Eire. It's called iFollow and costs £110 per year for all of City's games, excluding anything live on Sky.

https://www.efl.com/iFollow/

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 pm

TDA wrote:

Live video coverage of your Football League club games for anyone living outside UK and Eire.  It's called iFollow and costs £110 per year for all of City's games, excluding anything live on Sky.

God damn that's a good deal. Might have to emigrate...
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:09 pm

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:

Live video coverage of your Football League club games for anyone living outside UK and Eire.  It's called iFollow and costs £110 per year for all of City's games, excluding anything live on Sky.

God damn that's a good deal. Might have to emigrate...

If you can get yourself deported, it's even cheaper laugh
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:20 am

Would have loved to have seen that game. There's got to be a way to get those streams in the UK
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Would have loved to have seen that game. There's got to be a way to get those streams in the UK

RAF Akrotiri counts as UK territory but would allow access to the stream, so you could always swim/drive to Cyprus each match day, watch the game on your phone then immediately swim/drive home? Added bonus: nice weather

Most Exciting Game For A Long Time 635981802
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:Would have loved to have seen that game. There's got to be a way to get those streams in the UK

RAF Akrotiri counts as UK territory but would allow access to the stream, so you could always swim/drive to Cyprus each match day, watch the game on your phone then immediately swim/drive home? Added bonus: nice weather

Whilst the swim would be no problem for a man of my athletic ability, I hear you now have to have a foreign bank account to purchase the iFollow service.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:17 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:

Whilst the swim would be no problem for a man of my athletic ability, I hear you now have to have a foreign bank account to purchase the iFollow service.

I bought mine with a UK bank account and UK billing address. It was the French (actually it was German) IP address that I was using that identified me as being abroad and allowed access to the option to purchase the video streams.
Colonel Cardiffi
Colonel Cardiffi
National Legend
National Legend

PostColonel Cardiffi Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:01 am

TDA wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:

I bought mine with a UK bank account and UK billing address.  It was the French (actually it was German) IP address that I was using that identified me as being abroad and allowed access to the option to purchase the video streams.

That's what I think has changed, now I've heard you have to order the service with a foreign bank acc.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:15 am

Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
TDA wrote:
Colonel Cardiffi wrote:
Slimfrog's Son™️ wrote:

I bought mine with a UK bank account and UK billing address.  It was the French (actually it was German) IP address that I was using that identified me as being abroad and allowed access to the option to purchase the video streams.

That's what I think has changed, now I've heard you have to order the service with a foreign bank acc.

What if you just phone them and imitate a foreign accent? For instance, using the word 'ze' instead of 'the' would indicate that you are from somewhere in Bavaria?
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 am

Zat is nonsense you stupid English pig dog. Ve done not speak like zat.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum