Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:39 am

Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:03 am

Another played paid off to leave! Let’s hope it doesn’t happen with Noone and Pilkington. Thought all this type of thing was over.

Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:13 am

I'd rather pay him some of his wages than all of them Another Big Earner Leaves 635981802

I'm sure I read somewhere that we were paying him around the £30k a week mark?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:21 am

Cleve van Leef wrote:Another played paid off to leave!  Let’s hope it doesn’t happen with Noone and Pilkington. Thought all this type of thing was over.

Unfortunately, I think our club has gained a reputation for this sort of thing and that now deters clubs from coming in with offers for these players whilst they are still contracted. They just bide their time until the players are released and can then tempt them with higher wages. I am sure the agents are very switched on to that.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:35 am

TDA wrote:
Cleve van Leef wrote:Another played paid off to leave!  Let’s hope it doesn’t happen with Noone and Pilkington. Thought all this type of thing was over.

Unfortunately, I think our club has gained a reputation for this sort of thing and that now deters clubs from coming in with offers for these players whilst they are still contracted.   They just bide their time until the players are released and can then tempt them with higher wages.  I am sure the agents are very switched on to that.

Surely completely devalues all our playing assets. Not a great way to run a business surely?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:23 am

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:

Unfortunately, I think our club has gained a reputation for this sort of thing and that now deters clubs from coming in with offers for these players whilst they are still contracted.   They just bide their time until the players are released and can then tempt them with higher wages.  I am sure the agents are very switched on to that.

Surely completely devalues all our playing assets. Not a great way to run a business surely?

Agreed, a business that is still mainly reactive rather than proactive.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pm

TDA wrote:

It is truly staggering how often this happens at Cardiff City. Some clubs will go years without paying off a single player; we've done it what feels like 15-20 times in the past five years or so. We've come on leaps and bounds of late but the way we are being run behind the scenes is still comical.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum