Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Millwall, Bolton and Sheffield United promoted from League 1 - the only team worth worrying about there is Sheffield, I guess? But at least there is no Middlesbrough, Bournemouth or Southampton coming up this year. 

Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland coming down don't fill me with dread either. The only team I can see troubling the top two would be Sunderland - though admittedly it's hard to know for sure before all the transfer activity of the summer is finished.

Last edited by Rhys on Sun May 21, 2017 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Millwall not Wigan)
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Rhys wrote:Wigan, Bolton and Sheffield United promoted from League 1 - the only team worth worrying about there is Sheffield, I guess? But at least there is no Middlesbrough, Bournemouth or Southampton coming up this year. 

Hull, Middlesbrough and Sunderland coming down don't fill me with dread either. The only team I can see troubling the top two would be Sunderland - though admittedly it's hard to know for sure before all the transfer activity of the summer is finished.

Bit of a blooper there, Rhys Easier League this coming season? 4268314175

Nevertheless, I agree......and can't see Millwall who finished 6th in League 1 and 13 points off the top two ripping up the Championship.

Not sure that Sunderland could do a Newcastle, but as you say, the division will be weaker.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun May 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Agreed. Not the strongest selection of sides, but I'd back Sheffield United to be up there next season.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Agreed. Not the strongest selection of sides, but I'd back Sheffield United to be up there next season.

There is a possibility of a Sheffield top two......
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun May 21, 2017 6:46 pm

TDA wrote:
Rhys wrote:Wigan, Bolton and Sheffield United promoted from League 1 - the only team worth worrying about there is Sheffield, I guess? But at least there is no Middlesbrough, Bournemouth or Southampton coming up this year. 

Bit of a blooper there, Rhys     Easier League this coming season? 4268314175

Nevertheless, I agree......and can't see Millwall who finished 6th in League 1 and 13 points off the top two ripping up the Championship.  

Not sure that Sunderland could do a Newcastle, but as you say, the division will be weaker.

Oops! Don't know why I get the two mixed up! I'll edit it now
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sun May 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Rhys wrote:
TDA wrote:

Bit of a blooper there, Rhys     Easier League this coming season? 4268314175

Oops! Don't know why I get the two mixed up! I'll edit it now

Too late, mate! Preserved for ever.......... Easier League this coming season? 692773407
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Mon May 22, 2017 5:44 am

Obviously going to struggle then.

Easier League this coming season? 635981802
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon May 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Of the new teams in the league, I'd say Hull (if they retain Marco Silva) and (as Gloves said) Sheffield United could be the ones to keep an eye on.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm

I think Silva is being targeted by Watford and Porto so doubt he will be in charge. Warnock's boyhood team are Sheff Utd, so that will be an interesting game. Particularly as he managed them when they last got into the Prem and were only relegated because they finished just below West Ham who were fielding Tebet and Mascherano illegally. So I would imagine he's still popular with their fans
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon May 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:I think Silva is being targeted by Watford and Porto so doubt he will be in charge. Warnock's boyhood team are Sheff Utd, so that will be an interesting game. Particularly as he managed them when they last got into the Prem and were only relegated because they finished just below West Ham who were fielding Tebet and Mascherano illegally. So I would imagine he's still popular with their fans

Norman "Tebet"? Easier League this coming season? 4228682415
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue May 23, 2017 12:44 am

No, apologies as I misspelled Tibet. West Ham were docked points for fielding the entire population of Tibet with the Dalai Lama as Captain
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum