View previous topic View next topic Go down

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:16 pm

I think yesterday's game confirmed what I have always believed that the squad is good enough in depth to compete with the best in this division.  It has always been a case of devising the system that suits the abilities, not trying to shoehorn the players into a pre-conceived rigid formation.

Injuries, transfers out and supensions have forced Slade's hand, but the addition of Lawrence and Immers to the starting XI, again perhaps more by "luck" than judgement, could prove pivotal over the remainder of the season.

Next up......

Middlesbro' (a)
Preston (h)
Brizzle (a)
Leeds (h)
Ipswich (h)

At least four of those games are winnable, but a good performance on Tuesday will be important.  Middlesbro' are typical of most teams in the Championship, in that they are inconsistent and, fortunately for us, none too clever at the moment.  

I liked the the fluid shape the team had yesterday.  It kept the Brighton defence guessing when we attacked and also worked defensively.  The whole outfield team was far more mobile, as there was no big man being left alone up the field.  When we needed to we defended much higher up the park with well disciplined ranks of players confronting the opposition.

I don't see any problem in playing without recognised strikers.  Some of the best teams in the world do that, but to do that, the team needs energy and creativity.  

There is no room for donkeys in that formation.  Would yesterday have been as effective with either Jones, Macehda or Revell up front.....I don't think so.

A minimum of ten points is needed from the next five games if we are to make any impression of the teams above us.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:32 pm

I eoukdnt be too disappointed if we lost to Middlesborough as it's probably one of our trickier features of the season. The other four are all absolutely winnable however - depending on which Cardiff City shows up.

I'd like to say 12 out of 15, but I'll be conservative rivet positive and say 10.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:54 am

Red614 wrote:I eoukdnt be too disappointed if we lost to Middlesborough as it's probably one of our trickier features of the season. The other four are all absolutely winnable however - depending on which Cardiff City shows up.

I'd like to say 12 out of 15, but I'll be conservative rivet positive and say 10.

Anything less than 16 points will be a disaster.

Slade out, Tan out, bring back Sam and the Ridler. Our next five games 2925389657
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:12 am

Our next five games 34343388

Things seem to be going as predicted. Outplayed at Boro', but good results against Preston & Brizzle.

Two home games coming up. Leeds is very winnable given that they are still a mess, but Ipswich will be the really important one not to lose. A couple of wins on the back of three losses puts them just a point behind us.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum