Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:30 am

An honest and true statement by OGS.
I believe  a Cardiff after Malky on the way down and in crises on and off the pitch would be difficult for most managers, even the more experienced ones.
7 games in championship was terrible and he did not make the team gel, and he was a failure.
However, he took a norwegian small club to victories they didn't have in 100 years.(with only pocketmoney). They won their group in Europe League, and Molde is a much better footballteam today than CCFC, so in the right environment he must be a very good manager.
Because of his name, maybe he get his chance once more in England in the future, when he have more results to show for in Europe.  I wish him good luck.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:11 am

Despite the various controversies, he comes across as a genuinely likeable guy. The willingness to blame himself and not those around him is admirable and in stark contrast to Slades 'lose - blame everyone else. Win - all down to me' attitude.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:02 pm

It was a shame, but I feel a large part of the problem was that Malky had wasted so much money previously on sub-standard players. By the time Ole had brought in his own players as well, the squad was far too cumbersome.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:28 pm

He was so, so, so incredibly bad. Ruined the whole Premier League experience for me. At least with Slade I guess you kind of know what you are going to get.

Still, he does seem like one of the nicest guys in football. Will get his chance in the PL one day - hopefully just not with us!
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMessi Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:31 pm

And Mourinho was so, so, so, bad with Chelsea this year,
As van Gaal is with MU?
It goes up and down with footballmanagers thats for sure.
Slade is more the grey one from 1.st league.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:56 pm

As I've said before, taking the Cardiff job was a horrific mistake on his part. We were already well into free fall when he showed up and desperately in need of someone with decades of experience to take the reins and steer us clear, and even hen it would of been a gamble. Instead we took on a young manager with no big league experience who got completely overwhelmed by the spotlight. I think he was still panicking well into the next season, adamant he had to win the league and come straight back up and went on a spending spree because of it.

He needed stability - a solid midtable side where the worst case scenario is they finish 13th or 14th. Give him a few years to adjust, then maybe we could see what he's made of.
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player

PostMessi Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:23 am

Totally agree with your points Red.
By the way,
Look at Ole's friend Gary Neville in Spain he has big problems after nine matches. Shocked
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum