maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:15 am

First topic message reminder :

We now move on from this:

match-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 _80859219_cdf_070215_sheffwedscardiff_03

To this:

For a team that usually concedes few penalties, we have now given away two in two matches. the first against Aron Gunnarsson was highly dubious to say the least, but the second against Matthew Connolly totally justified. He deserves to be dropped for that. Inexcusable.
It is Tuesday 10th and we are back in blue playing those horrible raucous seagulls that have a tendency to crap on ones ice cream.
Having broken our loosing streak and close to taking all three points at Sheffield we must now go one better and take all three against a Brighton team that are managed by chris hughton and just above the drop zone.
incidentally my son who lives in the hove bit is getting married later this year. his girl friend is iva, pronounced eva.

match-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 200px-Cardiff_City_Crest.svgmatch-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 300px-Cardiff_City_Stadium_Pitchmatch-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 200px-Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_logo.svg

we last played brighton, still under the eye of gabbs and Scott young on Tuesday 30th September at the Cardiff city stadium in a match that will be remembered for kenwyne jone heading into an empty net, a minute after bruno gave brighton the lead and for a string of brilliant second half saves from david marshall

match-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 _77928267_00666ba7-ca82-4f25-9974-a3e6a8c7181a

Last edited by maisie'sdad on Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:23 am; edited 12 times in total

maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 pm

it was dire last night. gunnarsson missed with a free header late on. buys a a goal scoring forward and he leaves him on the bench. sorry russell you have to go. your tactics were........... and you continue to play whitts and gunns who are well past their sell by date
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:28 pm

Exactly my thoughts on each of your points Dave.
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:02 am

Boom or bust? bust! 3rd div. team made by Slade. :threadkiller:
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:18 am

The Derby performance I saw was the worst I've seen from a City side since division 4. Even then I thought, our squad is decent enough and if performances pick up then we'll be ok but they have to change quickly. Given they seem to have got worse against two sides we could have and should have beaten then now I do feel we'll be in a dog fight come the last six games. Bear in mind even Blackpool have picked up their performances of late, we could be in real trouble.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:19 am

I was looking forward to attending my first City game of the season next Tuesday, but what is the point? £25 to watch that shite.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:37 am

The most frustrating thing for me is Slades reaction on the sideline. Surrounded by boos and jeers he doesn't get angry, he doesn't call players over to discuss what they should be doing, he instead just stands with his arms folded like he's watching the game like the rest of us.

Malky would of been visibly furious. Even permenately happy Solskjaer would of been screaming at people.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:02 am

Red614 wrote:The most frustrating thing for me is Slades reaction on the sideline. Surrounded by boos and jeers he doesn't get angry, he doesn't call players over to discuss what they should be doing, he instead just stands with his arms folded like he's watching the game like the rest of us.

Malky would of been visibly furious. Even permenately happy Solskjaer would of been screaming at people.

I think you may have understated that a little Red. I think the rest of us are getting more and more animated as the frustration builds and we realise what's looming just around the corner. It's a very old saying which goes, 'be careful what you wish for' and the cynic in me is beginning to wonder just how many of those who were shouting about rather being in blue in Div 2 than playing in red will be with the likes of me if and when their wishes come true. I'm not saying that just to be controversial, because as you all know, I have always been more concerned about the future of the club and watching decent football, but I'm also colour blind. I hope the dreaded relegation devil gives us a miss and for that reason alone I'll put up with some 'crap' football if we can get a few decent results and avoid the drop with a yearning for some decent football in the Championship next season.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 am

lottydottyblue wrote:
Red614 wrote:The most frustrating thing for me is Slades reaction on the sideline. Surrounded by boos and jeers he doesn't get angry, he doesn't call players over to discuss what they should be doing, he instead just stands with his arms folded like he's watching the game like the rest of us.

I think you may have understated that a little Red.  I think the rest of us are getting more and more animated as the frustration builds and we realise what's looming just around the corner.  It's a very old saying which goes, 'be careful what you wish for' and the cynic in me is beginning to wonder just how many of those who were shouting about rather being in blue in Div 2 than playing in red will be with the likes of me if and when their wishes come true.  I'm not saying that just to be controversial, because as you all know, I have always been more concerned about the future of the club and watching decent football, but I'm also colour blind.  I hope the dreaded relegation devil gives us a miss and for that reason alone I'll put up with some 'crap' football if we can get a few decent results and avoid the drop with a yearning for some decent football in the Championship next season.

Fair play,  that made me laugh match-day thread, the bluebirds v the seagulls - Page 3 692773407

It worries me that the lack of reaction from Slade is because he also doesn't really care that much. He feels his job is secure and that steadying a ship that was perceived to be sinking is all that was required to secure his paycheck. Worth mentioning though that's highly debateable - if I was a little bit worried about the drip from the ceiling before, I'm now most definetely looking for the lifeboats.
Messi
Messi
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 178
Posting Flair : 0

PostMessi Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:39 am

Sacked by Orient, makes Ole looks like a success manager! Slade dont know his tactics, he has to go.
:taxi:
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum