View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:08 am

Went over and had a goosey gander and came accross a thread and i feel as though the poster is correct

Its been suggested in other threads but I believe it to be pretty near the truth.
Tan has conceded back to blue. However with that goes Tans plans not only for the rebrand but for the club full stop. I believe an announcement will soon be made confirming Tan has withdrawn all future investment plans for the club. This goes some way to explain the low budget purchases and the surprise shipping out of players like Brayford, ALF, Daehli and dare i say it Manga and Marshall. I think the club will now have to survive on the income it generates?
I would expect more high earners to go in the summer.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:15 am

we all guessed it and now we know it

Slade admits Cardiff City wages crackdown: 'We're not shopping in Harrods now'
Cardiff City manager Russell Slade has appealed to fans to understand the club’s need to reign in costs during the January transfer window by stating: ‘We’re having to shop in a different area now, we’re not shopping in Harrods now
Slade is trying to cut the wage bill to what he calls a 'sustainable' level
Slade has been forced to reduce the size of his squad this January following his appointment in October in a bid to try and cut the club’s wage bill in line with what he calls a ‘sustainable’ Championship level.
“When clubs come down that level wage bills are astronomical and they need to get back to a sensible level again.
You can’t sustain it. You have a good go to stay up in the Premier League and you commit yourself to that status and if you don’t survive that, in the short term, you get the parachute payments, but in the long term you can’t sustain it.

Our wage bill is not sustainable and the only way forward is to reduce that wage bill to a certain sustainable level.

We’re having to shop in a different area. We’re not shopping at Harrods now.
Cardiff have already cut ties with all but one of former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s signings this January with defender Juan Cala, midfielders Matts Dali, Magnus Eikrem and Jo Inge Berget and forward Javi Guerra all leaving the club and midfielder Guido Burgstaller on the verge of an exit in the coming days.
And more exits are likely with defender John Brayford set to be the next out of the door.
Slade confirmed that the full back has been given permission to speak to former loan club Sheffield United following their latest improved offer.
It’s still a sensitive situation. Sheffield have been very, very keen for a few weeks and bids have been turned down but it got to a stage where the club have decided it’s reached the right level, if you like, before any talks can take place.
John has now been given the go-ahead to talk to Sheffield
The 27 year old is understood to be in talks with Sheffield United today and is unlikely to feature for Cardiff in tomorrow’s FA Cup fourth round tie with Reading.
Slade also confirmed talks are underway with a possible replacement for Brayford in Huddersfield defender Lee Peltier while striker Adam Le Fondre will be allowed to leave Cardiff on loan in a bid to find form.
“The ambition is still to attempt to try and get in that top six despite the transition said Slade.

© Copyright ITV plc 2015
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:44 am

I agree and have coincidentally just put up the "Period of Transition" thread. I was going to add that the return to blue was the sweetener against the hard times that were to come.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:53 am

tan is going and we have to get used to paddling our own canoe
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:04 am

TDA wrote:I agree and have coincidentally just put up the "Period of Transition" thread.  I was going to add that the return to blue was the sweetener against the hard times that were to come.

Interesting thread on mikes board 3874419067

Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum