View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat May 10, 2014 8:22 pm

That MM had to pay his own Legal expenses after dropping his claims against Cardiff City Football Club having reached a "Settlement Agreement" with the club.

The statement issued by MM yesterday was issued by his Lawyers - Slater & Gordon, so who are they? If you look on the website of the League Managers Association you will find this Company listed as the "Legal Partners" of the LMA. Like any other Trade Association or Trade Union the LMA offer members Legal services covering any number of issues when required and at no cost to the member.

http://www.leaguemanagers.com/members/services-94.html

So MM never had to pay a penny to the Legal Team representing him and I have no doubt that the club has made a contribution to the costs of drawing up the settlement agreement with MM Legal representatives i.e. Slater & Gorden.

The Mail also reported that as part of the settlement agreement that MM received no compensation Hmmm. Well Slater & Gorden describe "Settlement Agreements" as;

The basis of a Settlement Agreement is that the employer offers you further financial compensation or another incentive, usually beyond your contractual entitlement, to enter into the settlement agreement. In turn, by signing the agreement you give up your right to bring an employment-related claim against your employer.

If negotiated properly, a compromise agreement can be a very effective way to ensure that you are adequately compensated for the termination of your employment without the need to bring a formal claim against your employer, which can be expensive and time-consuming.

At no stage has the club denied that a Settlement Agreement has been reached so how the Daily Mail can report that NO COMPENSATION was received by MM, in my opinion, beggars belief.

As regards any apology what exactly did MM apologise for, nothing in my opinion, he just made a broad brush stroke statement full of if's, but's and maybe. We all know VT is big on apologies as didn't he say in an interview a while back that fans should apologise to him.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum