View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:27 am

Ravel Morrisonnwas found not guilty today, after the prosecution removed the charges following submission of cctv that proved the victims claims on his location to be false. Therefore, no prison sentence and we could of potentially kept him for the rest of the season.

Ironically, there's a lot of 'he clearly did it though' responses to news on it. Probably from the same people that think Ched Evans is innocent.
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:10 am

there have been many occasions in the past and through to the present day when the rich and powerful have sought to buy their own justice. some have succeeded and some have failed.

whether ravel purchased his justice remains to be seen, but he cannot be compared in anyway to ched evans who was convicted in a court of law and punished accordingly.

the point i was making in the ched evans thread was that he has now served his debt to society so should be free to resume his career. if that freedom exists for luke mccormick who killed two young boys then surely the same freedom should exist for ched
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:21 am

The prosecution withdrew the charges after release of CCTV footage owned by Manchester council, it would be difficult to 'buy' that sort of thing.

And I wasn't taking a shot at you Dave, just the lot that seem to want to make a conspiracy out of everything. Although I still debate whether serving half a sentence on an allegation you refuse to accept in any way is really 'repaying your debt', but that's a debate for a different topic In case you're interested... 692773407
maisie'sdad
maisie'sdad
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1710
Posting Flair : 40

Postmaisie'sdad Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:48 am

i was thinking more in terms of the assault charges as it now appears that the victim is suffering from mental amnesia
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum