View previous topic View next topic Go down

Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:32 am

The intensity of the rumour of us signing him has all but died away it seems. I am not saying we are not interested at all or out of the running but Palace, WBA and now, in particular, Newcastle seem to be getting linked to his name as much or more than we are.

We are crying out for some width and creativity but this one has already been played out in the media for a couple of weeks now and we all know how those have ended for us this summer.

I hope Montero can be landed and break that pattern but it wouldn't surprise me if Malky's interests had begun to turn elsewhere.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Montero's agent has always said that they were in no rush....à la Ince & Capoue.

FFS, move on and find people who want to play for Cardiff Newcastle interested in Montero? 904430666 
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:26 pm

yes we have missed out on several players who could have done a job for us, all because people thought we could get better when we have not. leon barnett being a case in point. God, we could have done murder for him on saturday
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:05 am

davewebber65 wrote:yes we have missed out on several players who could have done a job for us, all because people thought we could get better when we have not. leon barnett being a case in point. God, we could have done murder for him on saturday
Personally i think Caulker IS better than Barnett so if Malky was only going to bring in one centre half i am happy.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 am

TDA wrote:Montero's agent has always said that they were in no rush....à la Ince & Capoue.

FFS, move on and find people who want to play for Cardiff Newcastle interested in Montero? 904430666 
It looks like we can add Sissoko to that list

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/mohamed-sissoko-not-interested-in-cardiff-city/
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:23 am

Montero won't sign.

Malky needs to go for 4/5 players with good PL experience not untried like Montero.

He needs to get in quickly:

2 fullbacks
1 winger
1 midfielder
1 striker

Otherwise he could find himself out because VT won't stand for failure.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:30 am

Yes i pretty much agree with those positions to fill. I might substitute the midfielder for an extra winger but other than that i agree.

One wing position and one fullback being top of my personal wishlist.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:09 am

caulker may well be a better centre back than barnett but when we had him on loan he was a damn good centre back and full back and now you say we need a full back!!!!!!!!!!!!

montero was supposed to have been done and dusted subject to image rights. obviously just a stall, so you move on and get the next best and not cry because you can't have him
bobbysauce
bobbysauce
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 440
Posting Flair : 90

Postbobbysauce Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:33 am

davewebber65 wrote:caulker may well be a better centre back than barnett but when we had him on loan he was a damn good centre back and full back and now you say we need a full back!!!!!!!!!!!!

montero was supposed to have been done and dusted subject to image rights. obviously just a stall, so you move on and get the next best and not cry because you can't have him
It was never about image rights, that was something Ankles made up to look like he was ITK. According to more reliable sources the delay is due to 3rd party ownership issues, along with his recent injury and his current club's desire for him to stay.

Sometimes signings take time. To assume it's just the player stalling or messing us about is a little naive.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:40 am

I liked Barnett when he was here but the question always was "Why isn't he deemed good enough for Norwich in the Prem?".

Personally i can't remember seeing him playing fullback so i have little view on that. Wikipedia says he has played central midfield and up front too but i didn't particularly want to buy him instead of Medel or Cornelius either!

The new question is why not just us but no other Prem club came in for him and he is now playing for Wigan! Many players look great at Championship level but don't quite cut in the Prem and maybe he is one.

We have got a better center half in than him and yes i would now like a fullback in. A better one than what we have and a better one than all Prem managers by the look of it think that Barnett is.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum