TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:28 am

First topic message reminder :

With all this Christmas nonsense going on, it's easy to forget the really important things in life..........like how many are we going to lose by tomorrow?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Connolly at RB with Brayford on the left again. It really would make sense to see an extra man in midfield - Adeyemi perhaps for Le Fondre, with Harris playing just behind Jones? Perhaps a bit sophisticated for our Russell?

The one bright spot I can see is that Charlton are in worse form than City, but how many teams in that position have chosen the City fixture to turn things around......... **Official Pre-Match Thread - Charlton v City** - Page 3 2854552383

Hope for the best and plan for the worst......the wise words of Jack Reacher, funnily enough, not Malky Mackay!

Merry Christmas!

SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:54 am

TDA wrote:
SteWells wrote:
TDA wrote:I see that Tan has again stated that we will remain red.  Fair enough, but on the eve of a game doesn't seem like the best timing to me.

I really don't get why people are having a go at Tan. All he's done is respond to the talk of a protest.
If you think it's bad timing, blame the people protesting. They chose to do it now.
Is Tan supposed to just sit back and let it all happen without putting forward his side of things? Is he supposed to just sit back while a few fucking idiots slate him, even though he's done nothing except for what was agreed when he invested in the club? Is he supposed to just sit back and let the morons scream and shout, get publicity etc?

The escalation of the protests have been news for a few days.  Tan could have responded at any time before yesterday.  

It is the nature of what he says that is worrying also.  All this nonsense that he says about keeping promises and everyone accepting Tan's terms of the rebrand is just that.  Lord knows, many of us took the view to go with the flow and see how things developed.  It was at best a reluctant acceptance.  I think Tan needs to appreciate that.

Tan made his intentions perfectly clear. We all knew his terms before he invested. Someone at the club agreed to it, and the deal went ahead.
If the fans want to be angry at someone, they should be angry at whoever said 'yes' to Tan's deal.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostSteWells Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:56 am

Anyway, back to football. Charlton will have to sit back and try to hit us on the break. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it tight at the back, and let them wear themselves down and tire. Then we should be able to push for a second or third goal.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:03 am

SteWells wrote:
TDA wrote:
SteWells wrote:
TDA wrote:I see that Tan has again stated that we will remain red.  Fair enough, but on the eve of a game doesn't seem like the best timing to me.

I really don't get why people are having a go at Tan. All he's done is respond to the talk of a protest.
If you think it's bad timing, blame the people protesting. They chose to do it now.
Is Tan supposed to just sit back and let it all happen without putting forward his side of things? Is he supposed to just sit back while a few fucking idiots slate him, even though he's done nothing except for what was agreed when he invested in the club? Is he supposed to just sit back and let the morons scream and shout, get publicity etc?

The escalation of the protests have been news for a few days.  Tan could have responded at any time before yesterday.  

It is the nature of what he says that is worrying also.  All this nonsense that he says about keeping promises and everyone accepting Tan's terms of the rebrand is just that.  Lord knows, many of us took the view to go with the flow and see how things developed.  It was at best a reluctant acceptance.  I think Tan needs to appreciate that.

Tan made his intentions perfectly clear. We all knew his terms before he invested. Someone at the club agreed to it, and the deal went ahead.
If the fans want to be angry at someone, they should be angry at whoever said 'yes' to Tan's deal.

Actually, there weren't any terms laid down, just good intentions. Tan has followed through on some of those, but the emotional and financial stability of the club is still in question.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:11 am

SteWells wrote:Anyway, back to football. Charlton will have to sit back and try to hit us on the break. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it tight at the back, and let them wear themselves down and tire. Then we should be able to push for a second or third goal.

Seems a little too easy at the moment, but perhaps Slade has been reading the book I sent him for Christmas......."Football Coaching For All Levels - Vol 3, English Championship & Above"
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:13 am

Ha, ha, I say that and Charlton hit the post...........**Official Pre-Match Thread - Charlton v City** - Page 3 2854552383
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:14 am

TDA wrote:
SteWells wrote:Anyway, back to football. Charlton will have to sit back and try to hit us on the break. Hopefully we'll be able to keep it tight at the back, and let them wear themselves down and tire. Then we should be able to push for a second or third goal.

Seems a little too easy at the moment, but perhaps Slade has been reading the book I sent him for Christmas......."Football Coaching For All Levels - Vol 3, English Championship & Above"

I read that one too...I particularly enjoyed the forewords by Dave Jones and Peter Risdale.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:28 am

Definitely got past the first chapter, as we have gone to 4 3 3, with Harris on for Le Fondre.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:29 am

How the hell can we get caught shorthanded at the back against 10 men?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 am

Yes, Slade is willing to try something different.

Though, as the commentary team are saying, perhaps we are over-committing and they are getting us on the counter-attack
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:32 am

We agreed to be red Ste with blue as our away kit, which very, very rarely happens. We didn't agree to his handling of the business around the rebrands- we've had countless embrrassing circumstances. We didn't agree to outright sh*t management - Malky wasn't watched closely enough, It looks more and more like we were taken to the cleaners with Ole and Slade appears more and more manipulated everyday. The whole club from top to bottom has become a shambles - that's what I don't like. And you're speaking out of your arse if you think we can make an agreement three years ago and because of that we are unable to critiscise what's happened since then. Maybe the UK should take the same policy too - we picked the Conservatives so the cuts are our own fault, right?

But hey, im just a moron right?
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostSteWells Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:34 am

Marshall making 'superb' saves, Morrison clearing off the line... Sounds like they still have a big threat going forward.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:39 am

Rhys wrote:Yes, Slade is willing to try something different.

Though, as the commentary team are saying, perhaps we are over-committing and they are getting us on the counter-attack

Too many chances for Charlton for my liking.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:41 am

Red614 wrote:

But hey, im just a moron right?

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Charlton v City** - Page 3 4228682415 scratch Wink
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain

PostSteWells Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:42 am

I've got no problems with people criticising the way the club is run. No problem at all. I actually agree, the club seems to be incredibly badly run and managed. I'm not sure our transfers are handled very well either.
But, 99% of the time, the reason people are pissed off is because of the colour of the kit. As if everything else would just fix itself if we wear blue on the pitch.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:45 am

Sit back, with 10 men? You are joking aren't you? This is City you're talking about.

**Official Pre-Match Thread - Charlton v City** - Page 3 4268314175
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum