On the bright side of things, we are still unbeaten at home under Slade.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:50 am

On the bright side of things, we are still unbeaten at home under Slade. 1525230823

You can't deny that. Also, his record in charge is not that bad at all. 

I personally think that Slade is becoming a scapegoat for the frustrations with the management and blamed for the malaise surrounding the club that is not his fault.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 am

Also, a third clean sheet in four matches
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 am

Slade is in charge of what happens on the pitch, and it isn't good enough.

Mourinho came out with a good quote a little while ago. If you draw 10 games, you get 10 points. If you win 5 and lose 5, you get 15 points. So go out to win, don't go out to not lose.

We've got some serious attacking quality in our squad. We need to start using it.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:51 am

SteWells wrote:Slade is in charge of what happens on the pitch, and it isn't good enough.

Mourinho came out with a good quote a little while ago. If you draw 10 games, you get 10 points. If you win 5 and lose 5, you get 15 points. So go out to win, don't go out to not lose.

We've got some serious attacking quality in our squad. We need to start using it.

I'm with you 100% on this.

To send that team out to face Rotherham at home was criminal. Things perked up when Fabio & Ravel came on. Slade is scared stiff of using flair players. You don't get much experience of them in League 1 and we are seeing League 1 tactics.

The crying shame is that, having managed to get these players to come to City, we are probably going to lose them, without ever seeing their full potential.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:10 am

Agreed. I'd already written this season off after Solskjaer's tenure, just hoping for improvement on the field and maybe, just maybe, steal a playoff spot. We are on course to achieve the second part of that.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:44 am

SteWells wrote:Slade is in charge of what happens on the pitch, and it isn't good enough.

Serious attacking quality in the squad?

You are joking, aren't you?

Quality throughout the squad is desperately poor.

The Club has wasted millions over the past couple of seasons on distinctly average, over paid players. Mackay, Solksjaer and Tan are all to blame. The Club has been shockingly run from top to bottom.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 am

Cleve van Leef wrote:

Serious attacking quality in the squad?

You are joking, aren't you?

Quality throughout the squad is desperately poor.

The Club has wasted millions over the past couple of seasons on distinctly average, over paid players. Mackay, Solksjaer and Tan are all to blame.  The Club has been shockingly run from top to bottom.

On the bright side of things, we are still unbeaten at home under Slade. 3874419067
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostRhys Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:01 am

As Slade himself points out, he has had nine games as manager and we have won five, drawn three, lost two. Averaging two points a game is play-off form I believe. 

He has only lost two games since arriving and the press and some vocal fans are going on like he has lost the majority of them. How quick they are to forget OGS' form!

No, the performances are not brilliant, but every team has a duff day. I have every confidence that Slade is going to see us to the play-offs.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:45 am

In those games, we haven't faced anyone really in form.  A proper stuffing at Bolton and lacklustre performances against low quality opposition does not bode well.

There is a difference between a team having a duff day and this team, so clearly lacking in energy or creativity as we have seen against very poor teams.........and not just once, but repeatedly before and since Slade "officially" took over.  

I'd say he was losing the players already.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:57 am

Is this how far we've fallen? Being proud of the fact that we at least didn't lose to a side that were the best part of three divisions below us last season? What's next, jumping for joy about not conceeding a goal against Blyth Spartans? A club of our 'quality' should be looking for 9 out of 9 against the three teams promoted
to this league when they come to the CCS - if not 18 out of 18.

And the problems all started when Solskjaer took over, blaming Malky for the problems we have now is just sour grapes. Regardless of their cost, Malky brought in players that worked their a*ses off every game they played. Medel and Caulker ran themselves into the ground at times but even their contributions pales in comparison to the likes of Noone, Helguson and Gunnarrson. These players bright results under the right leadership despite a potential lack of overall quality. Tan - in an effort to justify his personal vendetta against Malky - allowed Solskjaer to bring ina. Flood of new high calibre talent. But guess what? Without the leadership, things went to s*it. Tan again refused to accept the blame and pinned it all on Dalman. The 'fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me' saying springs to mind - why did Tan allow so much of the club to be tan without his approval all over again when it had already burnt him just months before?

Now he has gone too far the other way - instead of putting a competent manager in charge but keeping heavy control of the things that as a businessman he has a intricate knowledge of, he instead appears to want to control anything and everything. Cala spiked the beans on something big, his sudden change of heart and then immediate contract termination stinks of it.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:15 am

Rhys wrote:Also, a third clean sheet in four matches

Unfortunately we have also only scored 3 goals in the last 5 matches and two of those have been a penalty and an own goal! That is clearly not good enough. Results wise, averaged out since he took over, it is hard to argue that he is doing ok and has turned us into a team at least capable of picking up the results that could see us challenge near the top.

However i am struggling to see how we can possibly keep performing at the level we are and also keep picking up points at or near 2 points a game. If we don't improve what we do on the pitch the results will surely turn the other way long before the end of the season and cost us.

I have few expectations for this season and still think that Slade cannot be judged fully and properly until at least after the January transfer window and when he has had even more time to get the team performing as he wants them. Even so Slade surely must be demanding more from the team than he is seeing at the moment and should be able to achieve it even with the players he currently has and feels happy in using.

I stick by my view of giving Slade more time and at least one transfer window but it is becoming bloody hard work as a fan to keep watching what is being served up at the moment. With discontent still rumbling about the rebrand, the Malky and OGS fiascos and the season ticket price freeze disappearing next season the team really needs to give the fans something to cheer about and feel optimistic about in the coming months or i can see next season's attendance figures plummeting.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:53 am

If Clubs listened to fans, Pardew & Allardyce would have gone when their feams were performing much worse than ours. Fortunately for them their Clubs held their nerve and wsre rewarded with results.
I disagree with some of Slade's selections but it's much too soon for some of the criticism he is getting.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:00 am

To be fair, Pardew could win the league and Id still think he should of gone. To keep on a manager who headbutted a player in front of a tv audience of millions is really pretty disgraceful in my opinion.

Still I alsoseem to be in a niche in terms of thinking Pearson's job is untenable as well.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum