*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:47 am

According to Sky Sports News.

By no means my first choice to take over, but he's not as bad a choice as some are suggesting: http://shoot.co.uk/why-slade-is-suited-to-city/

Last edited by *** G L O V E S *** on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:11 am

Pretty fair assessment, but I am not keen on the reference to the "madcap owner".

Much of what Tan had done, previously questioned, have been seen to be resonable decisions.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:25 pm

TDA wrote:Pretty fair assessment, but I am not keen on the reference to the "madcap owner".

Much of what Tan had done, previously questioned, have been seen to be resonable decisions.

No, very little he has done has turned out to be reasonable. The colour change, installing his own men in the clubs footballing matters, signing players than turn out to be flops yet publicLly critiscisibg Malky for doing the same, the constant, constant moving of the goalposts in clearing the clubs debt. I could go on and on but will simply say this - Tan is a parasite, irrelevant of what Malky turned out to be.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:06 pm

I'm with you TDA.
Whatever Tan's faults, he's not a parasite.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Red614 wrote:
TDA wrote:Pretty fair assessment, but I am not keen on the reference to the "madcap owner".

No, very little he has done has turned out to be reasonable. The colour change, installing his own men in the clubs footballing matters, signing players than turn out to be flops yet publicLly critiscisibg Malky for doing the same, the constant, constant moving of the goalposts in clearing the clubs debt. I could go on and on but will simply say this - Tan is a parasite, irrelevant of what Malky turned out to be.

Which players did Tan sign?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Velikonja and Guerrera were confrmed, but I personally doubt it stopped there.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:07 pm

I wonder how long this thing is going to drag out
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:55 am

Red614 wrote:Velikonja and Guerrera were confrmed, but I personally doubt it stopped there.

I have never seen this confirmed anywhere. Malky is on record as saying he tried to sign Velcro previously (Tonker knows where that article is).

Whatever your personal opinion of Tan might be, it can't be denied that he has continued to plough money into the club on the advice of those he trusted on football matters. Malky & Moody let him down on that score and Ole walked out just days after signing Manga, abandoning a huge and unwieldly squad.

It's no wonder Tan prefers to put his own men in place to keep an eye on things.

As for the debt to equity, Tan's loans are all unsecured, so it is in his interest to convert those to equity eventually. However, given that he is, in effect, the sole shareholder, he is perfectly entitled to choose the time he does that. Financial considerations change in the real world and the best intended plans have to be shifted around from time to time. He doesn't have to justify such decisions to the man on the terrace.......who so often conveniently overlooks the fact that Tan is still here and investing in the club.

It sickened me yesterday to read the Orient messageboard, where a well known CC fan had asked for O-fans for their opinion of Russell Slade...which was fair enough. However, his posts eventually degenerated into what was effectively a tirade against Tan, the rebrand and all the usual vitriolic and self-centred nonsense you might find on his own messageboard.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 am

No need to ask who that was then. I think he's more of a fan of himself than CC.
Concerning the player signings, it appears that the fine line between confirmed and rumoured has become very blurred.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26366898

You'll have to explain to me your definition of blurred then guys, when he straight out said that he signed Guerrera in that interview. You know, that guy that's barely played and looks like our fourth choice striker at best. Tan hates wasting money though and that's why he was justified in sacking malky though, right?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:00 am

Red614 wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26366898

You'll have to explain to me your definition of blurred then guys, when he straight out said that he signed Guerrera in that interview. You know, that guy that's barely played and looks like our fourth choice striker at best. Tan hates wasting money though and that's why he was justified in sacking malky though, right?

I don't see what he says means Guerra was his choice at all, Tan is just taking credit for sealing the deal.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum