Thanks Rhys, much appreciated
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:07 am

Maynard tried his hardest to miss his chance, huh? Carmarthen Highlights  692773407

Daehli looks immense but needs to calibrate that banjo slightly. Macheda's finish was incredibly composed. Our striking options look pretty damn good...
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:28 am

Red614 wrote:Maynard tried his hardest to miss his chance, huh? Carmarthen Highlights  692773407

Daehli looks immense but needs to calibrate that banjo slightly. Macheda's finish was incredibly composed. Our striking options look pretty damn good...

Ole has talked of having a 4 or 5 man strike force to choose from. Personally i would love to see 2 of Campbell, Mason and Maynard stay and join Guerra, Macheda and La Fondre to give us plenty of attacking options. Of course they will all be eager for game time and not be left rotting in the reserves for a season. Tinkering and not knowing your best team are phrases used for struggling and underperforming teams of course - if we do well and are fighting right near the top of the division then changes will be called squad rotation instead.

I also think players are a little happier not starting every game when they are contributing to a promotion winning side rather than one facing relegation. It will be interesting to see how Ole thinks on this one but Mason and Maynard have done themselves no harm by getting off the mark right away.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:32 am

Agreed Toast - the slight problem with keeping Mason is that he is very talented in a few areas but vitally not in others.

He has great composure and an accurate shot on him but, for a person of his build and height,I feel that he is sadly lacking in pace and speed - vital for him if he wants to play PL football at somepoint in his career.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:42 am

I agree about Mason's probable limitations at Prem level if we got promoted again. I do think he could contribute this season to helping us get back up again though if used properly. My own view is that we would get the best out of him playing him up front as part of a 2 man attack. He is not capable of playing up front on his own from what i have seen and can be very hit and miss when played wide. Options are always nice to have - if you can keep everyone happy.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum