Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Fri May 30, 2014 8:39 pm

obviously it depends who leaves as well who else we sign,

But now everyone's calmed down after a disastrous season.... with the 4 signings we have made, Do you think we will go up automatically or fight it out in playoffs or f**k it up and be nowhere near Do You See Us Going Back Up? 4228682415
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri May 30, 2014 8:57 pm

With the squad of players we currently have there's no reason why we shouldn't win the league. However, when the likes of Caulker, Medel and Mutch/ Marshall move on, coupled with OGS's clear lack of defensive management skills, the play-offs could be our best bet.
Cleve van Leef
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 6741
Posting Flair : 180

PostCleve van Leef Fri May 30, 2014 9:06 pm

Tans Tache wrote:obviously it depends who leaves as well who else we sign,

But now everyone's calmed down after a disastrous season.... with the 4 signings we have made, Do you think we will go up automatically or fight it out in playoffs or f**k it up and be nowhere near Do You See Us Going Back Up? 4228682415

No.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Fri May 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Defensive organisation is the key to us getting an automatic spot. Even losing the players Gloves mentioned I think automatic could be close (with maybe a couple of key signings still coming in).

We can't continue to ship 2,3 or more goals a game and hope for success though. Hopefully Ole has learned something from his time here last season and is able to address that problem. If not then I hope he can recognise it is an area he needs help in and get in a defensive coach to work alongside him.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:08 am

I read somewhere that OGS has said that a central defender and a full back at a PL club are on his shopping list, so hopefully our concerns in that area are being addressed. Even allowing for those that will leave, I believe 90% of the personnel needed are in place already.

Morale and style of play are what needs to be worked on.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:15 am

I'm worried new defenders would only get us so far as it was the tactics that failed us, not the individuals. You only need to see the stats to see how the same four man defence that did admirably under Malky fell apart under Solskjaer. We practically never conceded at set pieces with Malkys obsessive defensive set ups, but every single corner or free kick in the last few games had my head in my hands before the ball was even struck.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:48 pm

A full pre-season will help gel the team with OGS' style. It may even take a month into next season before we start getting results (as happened under Malky in our championship winning season) but it will be fine
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum