PostArkay Dubya Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:36 am

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:52 am

Mourinho has still got it, that's for sure. The decision to convert David Luiz into a midfielder has been a stroke of genius. He was immense last night, winning every headed duel he was involved in and doing the rough job of getting the ball back whenever PSG nicked it. And if he has a classic mind blip, there's two centrebacks behind him ready to clean up. He was my man of the match.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:06 am

Yup, no question Chelsea deserved it. I watched PSG quite a bit in France and they're no mugs. Regardless of the overall quality of Ligue 1, they've never looked really troubled by anybody and even looked comfortable in the home leg against Chelsea. The fact they looked so poor (Cavani and last five minutes aside) and out of their depth last night proves what a number Mourinho did on them.

Incidentally, I thought Cavani's chance was hard - diagonal ball over the shoulder, had to control it, awkward bounce and get a shot away as the ball is moving away from you. Saying he should've buried it was rather harsh. Thought he did well to get it anywhere near the target, as I think lesser strikers would've spooned it toward the corner flag.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:16 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:Yup, no question Chelsea deserved it. I watched PSG quite a bit in France and they're no mugs. Regardless of the overall quality of Ligue 1, they've never looked really troubled by anybody and even looked comfortable in the home leg against Chelsea. The fact they looked so poor (Cavani and last five minutes aside) and out of their depth last night proves what a number Mourinho did on them.

Incidentally, I thought Cavani's chance was hard - diagonal ball over the shoulder, had to control it, awkward bounce and get a shot away as the ball is moving away from you. Saying he should've buried it was rather harsh. Thought he did well to get it anywhere near the target, as I think lesser strikers would've spooned it toward the corner flag.

Yeah, I think that was the moment. Got to ask though if that ball had found Ibrahimovic instead of Cavani it could of been completely different. Cavani is excellent but Ibrahimovic is in a league of his own, and I think he would of buried it.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:28 am

Red614 wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:Yup, no question Chelsea deserved it. I watched PSG quite a bit in France and they're no mugs. Regardless of the overall quality of Ligue 1, they've never looked really troubled by anybody and even looked comfortable in the home leg against Chelsea. The fact they looked so poor (Cavani and last five minutes aside) and out of their depth last night proves what a number Mourinho did on them.

Yeah, I think that was the moment. Got to ask though if that ball had found Ibrahimovic instead of Cavani it could of been completely different. Cavani is excellent but Ibrahimovic is in a league of his own, and I think he would of buried it.

That's true. Ibrahimovic has a unique ability to turn awkward crosses and wayward bouncing balls (Shocked) into netbusters.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:15 am

Did you see the Monaco v PSG games? What were they like?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostArkay Dubya Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:17 am

Actually I didn't, as that was the weekend I came home.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:15 am

Idl ike to see Ibrahimovic control MY wayward bouncing balls.

Yes, it took me two days to come up with that. Worth it.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum