Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:46 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate all the crap between now and Friday in one rumour thread.
The Cornelius move now seems to be a certainty but others floating around today are:-
Ladbrokes say we want Ross McCormack.
TalkShite say we have joined Liverpool in the Tom Ince auction.
Rob Phillips (Radio Wales) thinks we will try to get a striker and a centre back in by Friday.
Simon Moore to go on loan to Bristol City for the season.
Nyland coming to us from Molde.
Blackburn interested in Conway.
Joe Mason to leave.
Fabio and Zaha to be confirmed this evening (yawn)
Any others?

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:39 pm

Well what a damp squid that was. I wish just once we were one of the clubs like Palace that just signed everyone.

Highly concerning that all our rivals have made really big moves, and comparatively ours were quite small scale. Fulham and Palace in particular have made big changes.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Palace and probably Sunderland were going to be safe anyway.

It's Fulham and West Ham who we need to keep ahead of in terms of results and hope that Norwich or Hull get sucked down into the dogfight.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:51 pm

West Ham I still feel will be okay now they are over their injury crisis. They have Carroll back who has come good for them and their first choice defence has steadied the ship at the back.

Fulham were weaker than us, but they've improved all over the pitch including bringing in a champions league striker. They could of just saved their season at the expense of ours.

Bleak morning for me, as Im finding it hard to find three teams we look better than.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:56 pm

The BBC summary agrees. It lists Fulham and Palace in their most successful clubs of the window. We are summarised as 'Taking a massive gamble on fringe players and youths'.

I'm almost glad im in work all day so cant worry as much.
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Red614 wrote:The BBC summary agrees. It lists Fulham and Palace in their most successful clubs of the window. We are summarised as 'Taking a massive gamble on fringe players and youths'.

Fulham in particular are much stronger. Holtby is the standout addition for them.

On the plus side, Stoke are still shite (especially with Agent Odemwingie) and West Ham have gambled on some out of form Italians.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:50 pm

Yesterday was a write off. I can only compare it to being excited all day about a first date with a girl you met when pissed and think is gorgeous but turns out to be a minger when she turns up. I hope that's not too technical a description of how I felt last night.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:54 pm

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:Yesterday was a write off. I can only compare it to being excited all day about a first date with a girl you met when pissed and think is gorgeous but turns out to be a minger when she turns up. I hope that's not too technical a description of how I felt last night.

No, but it does tell us a lot about your formative years.............. Transfer Deadline Rumours - Page 8 692773407 
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:57 pm

G-ster wrote:
Red614 wrote:The BBC summary agrees. It lists Fulham and Palace in their most successful clubs of the window. We are summarised as 'Taking a massive gamble on fringe players and youths'.

Fulham in particular are much stronger. Holtby is the standout addition for them.

On the plus side, Stoke are still shite (especially with Agent Odemwingie) and West Ham have gambled on some out of form Italians.

Spurs are my second side, so I have watched them quite a bit this season. I have never rated Holtby..........questionable temperament and wasteful in possession. Also Capoué appears to have been a "wrong-un", but they were unable to offload him yesterday. One that we dodged the bullet on, thankfully...... Transfer Deadline Rumours - Page 8 1525230823 
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum