View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:50 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25491833 "Paul Ince: Blackpool boss unhappy with boos after Brighton defeat"

"Manager Paul Ince says some Blackpool fans were "out of order" to boo his team during Sunday's loss to Brighton,[i][i] their fifth defeat in six league games. The Seasiders have taken just one point from a possible 18 and have slipped outside the play-off places. "

For this reason alone, why on earth would anyone consider him a suitable candidate for managment here at this time? As a paying customer we have a right to boo.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:56 am

One point from 18 is hardly a ringing endorsement for his capabilities.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:09 am

Financial restrictions have heavily affected Blackpool's season. They play good football and Ince's good form put them in a good position. However, it was only a matter of time before the massive amounts of money floating around the upper echelons from Leicester, QPR, Reading, etc, started making a difference.

Regardless, it's not a good run of points whatever the reason, and I still think Paul Ince's attitude stinks. Don't want him.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:09 am

I thought there was no way they would get promoted this season considering how thin their squad is, how many players they lost and how little quality they brought in! Their fans should probably have some perspective as they massively overachieved at the start of the season but Ince should s**t his mouth. I'm not convinced by him as a manager.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:16 am

I think I'd rather Sven than Ince.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:32 am

Sven has apparently ruled himself out, so can you wish for someone else please......maybe the Chilean guy?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:10 am

Not Paul Ince!!Pllleeaaseee! Anyone else...anyone...even Ian Holloway!
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:11 am

Rhys wrote:Not Paul Ince!!Pllleeaaseee! Anyone else...anyone...even Ian Holloway!

Not likely to be Ollie after what he's had to say about Tan.......
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:04 am

Ince wouldn't be bad but he'd have to bring Tom along with him. Simple as that really. His teams play good football and he's a nice guy. He comes off a bit of an idiot at times because he's stubborn and won't give in. Sometimes you need that. Look how stubborn Rodgers was over Suarez and now look at how its paying dividends for them in the league. You can't always be Mr Nice Guy like Malky tried to be or portray himself. You need a ruthless streak about you. Look at Jose. Many fans adore him and find his ways funny but he's very defensive of his team regardless and is constantly having a pop at other teams and so on.

Paul Ince would be a good manager here as he'd get the backing he'd need to bring in quality. Tom Ince would be a great signing and a must if Ince Sr. comes as he will play his heart out for his dad as he does at Blackpool. The Championship has a mini money league of teams as Red correctly pointed out and the range between that mini league and the rest is quite big. The teams coming up either need to go on a good run of form and cruise the season off the buzz and high of promotion like Norwich and Southampton or they need an investor like we had and multiple other Championship teams have.

All this hatred of Paul Ince just stems from the summer and I think its unfair. We wasted a lot of money on Cornelius in my opinion and that was bad business for us. He was well within his rights to stick to his guns and hold out for more money. Also, why would he want Tom Ince to come here when we are (1) a newly promoted club who had not been tested at this level and (2) he is manager of a Blackpool side who don't have the financial resources others have? Ince could well be the difference between them getting playoffs and not this season so in that sense its fair.

Now we've been tested at Premier League level and they know we have a good chance of surviving with investment and now Blackpool will want the money before his contract is up in the summer.

Seems logical for us to take both of them this January as long as Paul Ince is backed further.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:49 pm

I can’t believe that people that wanted Malky out now want Paul Ince in!
The guy had his chance with Blackburn who finished 7th the previous season in the prem, but they ended up ruined after 21 games of him in charge of a top flight club with a good squad to start with.
Oh well back to the championship, but at least we with have the Ince duo at are club……. I hope not.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:33 pm

pugger wrote:I can’t believe that people that wanted Malky out now want Paul Ince in!
The guy had his chance with Blackburn who finished 7th the previous season in the prem, but they ended up ruined after 21 games of him in charge of a top flight club with a good squad to start with.
Oh well back to the championship, but at least we with have the Ince duo at are club……. I hope not.

Exactly, if we had Ince I'd be seeking Tan out personally and promising to wear nothing but red for the rest of my life if he brought Malky back.

His training methods are renowned for getting people's backs up - one of the big reasons they reckon Blackburn imploded so badly. There's also rumours that the same is now happening at Blackpool. Is it a coincidence that the whole team is on a massive slump except his own son?

It's a bit naive to say you want Paul Ince because Tom Ince would come with him. He is only one player, afterall, and it wouldn't help anything if he's on excellent form but the rest of the team fail apart.

Paul Ince is a bitter baste*d too. If he has indeed declared himself interested and we ten him down, I think that would make our chances of taking Tom Ince nonexistent.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:42 pm

I seen on aamb that apparently ince has spoken to tans advisors, and annis recieved a pm from bloke from Blackpools media dept, saying "looks as though you will see mr ince sooner than you think"

To me that doesn't mean hes gonna be a manager,
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:21 pm

Has he got it mixed up and we are actually signing Tom?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 pm

Tans Tache wrote:I seen on aamb that apparently ince has spoken to tans advisors, and annis recieved a pm from bloke from Blackpools media dept, saying "looks as though you will see mr ince sooner than you think"

To me that doesn't mean hes gonna be a manager,
And the award for biggest b*llocks ever sprouted on a forum goes to... Paul Ince 692773407

Seriously, who on earth is stupid enough to think that a professional football club would contact a fan forum administrator to tell him who the next manager will be?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum