Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:25 am

First topic message reminder :

On other websites & Sky Sports. Salman brokering peace deal.

TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:59 pm

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:A problem is that 'return to blue' is something that seems to motivate younger supporters more than most long standing ones. I've been watching for over 50 years along with loads of mates of similar age and not one of us cares less about the colour of the shirt we play in. For much of our last promotion to the top division in 1960 we played our home games in white because the players considered it lucky. Similarly, the bluebird didn't start to become prominent until the 60's. For loads of older supporters they're 'The City' in conversation rather then the Bluebirds.. As for the club's history and tradition, it's still there and can't be changed whatever happens.
What's more important is that the Club/Tan shows more respect to supporters before making radical changes to the way the club is run.
For those interested our shirt history is:- http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Cardiff_City/Cardiff_City.htm

It's a fair point, but out of the 10 people I know who have completely stopped supporting the club, they are all aged over 40.

My young friend, 40 is not old......Slumdog Snr is referring to the 60+ age group, who were the young supporters back in the 60s.  As a fully paid up member of that group, I can absolutely confirm what he says about "The City".
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:27 pm

It is indeed very curious that the older generation seem to be uniformly less bothered by all the changes than the younger generations. Trying hard not to offend here. But they tend to be more tied to being offended by a change of tradition, while youngsters just tend to shrug their shoulders.

It can be seen here with (again hopefully no offence) Dave and Lotty supporting what is going on, while younger members are boiling with rage.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I think, Red, as you get older, most people realise that there is more to life than supporting a football club, unlike some of the fanatics posting elsewhere.  Truly important responsibilities pile up on you exponentially at certain points.  

By the time you get through all of that and can enjoy a more relaxed existence, the sort of situation we see here has become pretty small potatoes and maybe not all that different from experiences in life we have encountered before.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Very well put, TDA, Malky Stays!! - Page 2 1525230823
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:47 am

If anything, the piss-poor way that Tan has publically criticised Malky has strengthened the latter’s position as manager.
Some of his tactical shortcomings have been mentioned several times on here but anything less than the full season would be a massive own-goal now.
Then again, when has Tan ever cared about public opinion?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:16 am

I'm not so sure that Malky's position will be that safe if performances and results are not more encouraging in Tan's eyes. He has a £100m investment to protect, which is his principal concern. Relegation would be catastrophic.

I always felt that a new man would be in place by the transfer window, but Tan has been talked out of that for the moment, although I can imagine what a huge concession that is by Tan.

Nevertheless, I would say that if there are not at least four points from the next two matches, Malky may still be a gonner.........and so he should be...
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:28 am

TDA wrote:I'm not so sure that Malky's position will be that safe if performances and results are not more encouraging in Tan's eyes.  He has a £100m investment to protect, which is his principal concern.  Relegation would be catastrophic.

I always felt that a new man would be in place by the transfer window, but Tan has been talked out of that for the moment, although I can imagine what a huge concession that is by Tan.

Nevertheless, I would say that if there are not at least four points from the next two matches, Malky may still be a gonner.........and so he should be...

Actual results will be overshadowed by sentiment after this latest affair.

I’ve a feeling the naïve ‘Tan Out’ brigade will be out in force on Thursday. The problem is that he’s not going to walk away from £70M+ and there is no benign benefactor ready to step into the breach.

City's first season in the highest division for 50 years wasn't supposed to be like this.
Blueminati
Blueminati
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 622
Posting Flair : 50

PostBlueminati Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:36 am

Absolute load of rubbish done to calm the storm before 2 home games.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:44 am

Tan has declined to meet Malky before Christmas. I suspect that he wants to see the performances / results from the Southampton game at least and maybe the Sunderland one, which may make up his mind.

He will have to face the reaction of a home crowd at some point if he does sack Malky, so I don't think that is a factor at present. However, if we see two uninspiring displays, then his grounds for seeking a change of manager will be that much stronger.

If Malky delivers two convincing performances and at least four points, then I believe that he will keep the job.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum