TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Just nicked this from AAMB.....

The future of the Bluebirds boss has been plunged into more doubt after he was publicly slammed by owner Tan in a remarkable statement

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan has told Malky Mackay he will not be given 'a single penny' in the January transfer window in an explosive statement that will stun the Bluebirds boss and fans tonight.

The sensational statement, released by chief executive Simon Lim, accused Mackay of overspending by £15m during the summer - a move Lim officially revealed directly led to the removal of Mackay's close aide and former head of recruitment Iain Moody.

Mackay's future has now been plunged into grave doubt, with Lim and Tan publicly slamming the boss for 'unfairly raising supporters' expectations' after the Scot revealed he was targeting three new signings in the January transfer window.

The statement read: “Tan Sri Vincent Tan was extremely upset to read quotes from the Manager concerning the possibility of new recruits, before he had been informed whether funds would be made available. He believes that doing so unfairly raises supporter expectations, placing unnecessary pressure on the club.

“His view is that due to the funds already committed, including the originally authorised summer transfer budget of £35m that rose to £50m in total, including add-ons, the Manager has been fully supported. The overspending of £15m has upset Tan Sri greatly, resulting in the removal on Iain Moody as Head of Recruitment. As such, he has stated that not a single penny will be made available in January.

“Having been the highest spending promoted club and the seventh highest spender in the Premier League last summer, the owner believes that the Manager has been given the best possible chance of retaining our Premier League status.”

The comments mark a new low in the relationship between Tan and Mackay, which was blown apart by Moody's exit in October.

The deep tension around the club appeared to be easing in recent weeks, with chairman Mehmet Dalman understood to be attempting to build bridges between owner and manager.

Those efforts now appear to have been crushed by the latest developments, with Tan publicly showing his fury.

Mackay is likely to be equally angry with the statement issued tonight, having previously denied there was any overspend during the summer and hailing Moody's influence.

It remains to be seen what the future holds for Mackay. with the Bluebirds boss previously adamant he will not resign despite the difficult circumstances of recent months.

Mackay made the comments that have sparked the latest bombshell at the club following the 1-0 win over West Brom on Saturday.

He said: “It would be great if we can bring in three quality additions to the squad. I would look to strengthen all three departments in terms of a defender, a midfielder and an attacking player,” said Mackay.

“I will talk to my chairman who will then discuss it with his board of directors and our owner and I will take my lead from them. It’s up to them then what financially they want to spend in January. I’ve got my lists of players whether they be targets or loans and for various positions.

“We’ve got to try and strengthen again. We are a first time club so to speak. Everyone barring two other clubs has got a massive head start on us in terms of quality. They might only need to bring in one or two over a season. We had to bring in a group of eight players which was going to give us the chance to survive."

davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:44 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Realistically, we will not get a point from any of our next four away games - Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City - and will more than likely exit the cup at Newcastle. Does anyone think Mackay will be in charge come the end of January?
hope not. not because i want him out, but because the current impass is intollerable. having said that vt may be making his situation impossible and forcing him to leave and saving on severence. any lawyers around?
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:46 am

I'm in full on rant mode now -

How is this overspend rumour still going? It dodges around one vital problem - unless Malky paid on his credit card, either Tan or one of his boardroom staff would of had to sign off all transfer dealings. Therefore , how is any overspend Malky's fault?

Someone raised a good point - we're potentially f**ked no matter what happens. If Malky walks no decent manager would want to take over under dictator Tan, so all we'd get is someone who wants a big pay cheque and is willing to let Tan do whatever he wants. And if Tan leaves, who is the most likely new owner? The guy he put on the board as a lifetime president - Sam Hammam.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:51 am

Red614 wrote:I'm in full on rant mode now -

How is this overspend rumour still going? It dodges around one vital problem - unless Malky paid on his credit card, either Tan or one of his boardroom staff would of had to sign off all transfer dealings. Therefore , how is any overspend Malky's fault?

Someone raised a good point - we're potentially f**ked no matter what happens. If Malky walks no decent manager would want to take over under dictator Tan, so all we'd get is someone who wants a big pay cheque and is willing to let Tan do whatever he wants. And if Tan leaves, who is the most likely new owner? The guy he put on the board as a lifetime president - Sam Hammam.

Spot on Red...........we could cook up a massive conspiracy theory on the back of this lot.......

Tan wants out, Sam wants in, but only with Malky gone.........it's all starting to make sense.....
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:53 am

No No No, NOT SAM,
glasgowronnie
glasgowronnie
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3965
Posting Flair : 220

Postglasgowronnie Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:17 am

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:No No No, NOT SAM,

No January transfer funds - Page 2 3874419067 
Please god no
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:19 am

glasgowronnie wrote:
Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:No No No, NOT SAM,

No January transfer funds - Page 2 3874419067 
Please god no

... well at least Sam knows how to say the right thing
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:07 pm

I'm not sure Tan is the one in the wrong here.
Malky shouldn't be saying things like this without speaking to the board first. It seems like he was trying to force them into giving him money in January.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:12 pm

This may ultimately come down to a misunderstanding as to what the transfer budget was supposed to have included.....just up front fees or add-ons/salaries as well.

If that is the case, it speaks volumes about the lack of football knowledge at boardroom level at our club and maybe we can understand what Mehmet Dalman was saying about the need to find a director with such experience......too little too late?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm

SteWells wrote:I'm not sure Tan is the one in the wrong here.
Malky shouldn't be saying things like this without speaking to the board first. It seems like he was trying to force them into giving him money in January.

The remarks made in Malky's interview seem innocent enough...this is what I would like, but need to speak to chairman and ultimately the owner etc.......but given the atmosphere created over the Moody issue, he might have been better off just deflecting the question.

There is a school of thought that Malky has deliberately set out to provoke Tan, maybe not to get the money, but to fire him.......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Whether or not Malky was in the wrong , Tan has a duty to be the bigger man. Maybe just straight sack him, maybe have a quiet word and slap him on the wrist. What you don't do is publically belittle him and throw the whole reputation of the club to the dogs all over again. The same advice could be applied to 90% of the stuff Tan has done - if he just kept his mouth shut and stopped shooting himself in the foot with the press I think most of Malky's loyalists would be backing Tan instead.

Anyway, hands up who else was genuinely surprised to not wake up to a managerless Cardiff?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTDA Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Red614 wrote:Whether or not Malky was in the wrong , Tan has a duty to be the bigger man. Maybe just straight sack him, maybe have a quiet word and slap him on the wrist. What you don't do is publically belittle him and throw the whole reputation of the club to the dogs all over again. The same advice could be applied to 90% of the stuff Tan has done - if he just kept his mouth shut and stopped shooting himself in the foot with the press I think most of Malky's loyalists would be backing Tan instead.

Anyway, hands up who else was genuinely surprised to not wake up to a managerless Cardiff?

Yep, I was wondering that myself, but the day is young......

Apparently if Malky resigns, then he may owe the club a significant amount of money under ther terms of his contract. If Tan sacks him, then the club will owe Malky......seems we have an impasse....... No January transfer funds - Page 2 3392635135 
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:59 am

Just reading the daily mail's take on it and there was one comment from a use rht at it's hard to argue with:

"I'm totally with Tan. He's given Mackay close to £65 million in the last 18 months, almost unheard of outside of a few top Premier clubs. The football we play is tediously boring, I speak as a season ticket holder, Mackay's only tactics seem to be 10 men behind the ball, and let's hope for a goal from a set play. He's wasted £10 million in the Summer on Cornelius and Brayford, who haven't contributed a thing. Mackay is a very average manager, who's limitations have been papered over by how much he's had to spend. He is not a particularly good coach."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2525116/Malky-Mackay-says-wrong-Cardiff-transfer-row.html#ixzz2nkDZoVTR
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:45 am

I don't think anyone here is Arguing that Tan is unfair to cut the funds off, he's spent enough already and Malky has wasted a far too large proportion of it. The problem is how Tan has chose to handle it - like a brat throwing his toys out of the pram. Don't air your dirty laundry in public, quite simply.

I'd still challenge this '50 million' too. Ian Moody said we were four million under budget, and produced his spreadsheets to prove it. Tan keeps saying we overspent by 15 million but is yet to provide a scrap of evidence. Tan is also a historical liar - Moody isn't.
SteWells
SteWells
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 1655
Posting Flair : 100

PostSteWells Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:36 am

Yeah, let's not forget that Malky isn't the Messiah. He's a very average manager.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:56 am

whilst it would appear to be the case that somebody duped somebody, it also appears to be the case that ian moody has a case to answer as he is the man in the middle as it were. so before vincent tan gets blamed again for something he may not have done lets see a little more water flow under the bridge

if our first objective was to be premier league survival why did mackay invest heavily in a player who by his own admission "IS ONE FOR THE FUTURE"?
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum