View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIGGWYNRAM
BIGGWYNRAM
Squad Player
Squad Player
User Points : 630
Posting Flair : 10

PostBIGGWYNRAM Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:39 am

It's one of my pet hates when people who know your love for Cardiff and come up saying things like, we're playing you Sunday, and you think to yourself "we" and the nearest you been to Old Trafford is flying over it on your once every two year flight to Edinburgh to watch your other "we" but wind up staying in the hotel bar to show how much of a true rugby loving Welshman you really are.PEOPLE THAT SAY WE 2854552383 
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:18 am

Agree with that. I worked with a Man U 'supporter' who always used the royal We. Lived in Cardiff all his life, didn't watch them in the flesh, but told me in August "We're going to stuff you this season".
Ffs drove me mad
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 am

i got a couple of them down the road. they display their loyalty with flags and bunting. i will put the bunting out if my pet hate works a miracle  against rooney and van winkle
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Depends on the circumstances. There's a guy I know that is a Chelsea fan living in Cardiff. He came down for work though, he'd spent twenty years in London and had been a season ticket holder for 12 of them before leaving.

I also know a guy who's lived five minutes from the CCS for years, supports Barcelona despite never seeing the Nou Camp, and who had to be told which league Cardiff played in (championship days).
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:25 pm

An amazing number of ex-pats out here are Man U fans....quite disproportionate....also Chelsea.  

However, I do feel sorry for a long-suffering proper Coventry City fan I know and we frequently share sad stories about the ownership of our clubs over a coffee.......Sad
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum