Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 am

First topic message reminder :

The Home Office have asked the 'Director of Recruitment' to stand down pending an investigation into his eligibility to work in this country! Hilarious.

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:36 pm

Exactly - excellent thread folks.

Hope we are all still friends beer 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:50 am

I still don't care. If the team stays up and builds on that every season I don't care who is Director of Football/Chairman/Scout/Manager/Chief Operations Officer/Managing Director/Assistant Manager/Physio you get my drift....
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:39 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:I still don't care. If the team stays up and builds on that every season I don't care who is Director of Football/Chairman/Scout/Manager/Chief Operations Officer/Managing Director/Assistant Manager/Physio you get my drift....
Cut to the chase Director of Recruitment Suspended - Page 2 692773407

Top threading Gents! Director of Recruitment Suspended - Page 2 1525230823
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:17 am

Red614 wrote:Many of us are anti tan and anti Sam, being one doesn't make you support the other.

And you're right, whether you see it that way or not he has us between a rock and a hard place. The club at this exact point in time is actually worse off than it was when Tan took over, as the amount of people we owe has decreased but the amount we owe has increased. Tan might keep to his word and strike off all the debt and I'd applaud him, but until then all we have is a promise. These are facts, pure and simple.

And the stance of the anti-tan party isn't indefensible. Many Cardiff fans have watched the club for as long, if not longer than our most senior members here. They've always worn blue and had a bluebird in the badge, and many now feel insulted by that changing so harshly. I'm not making a case as to whether I think they're right or not, just that I understand where they're coming from. To call then indefensible and claim all they want is to destroy the club is unfair.

If you were about to have your house repossessed, and I came around to pay off all the debts but only if you let me spray paint the whole thing pink with yellow polka dots, what would you think? You can be thankful I've potentially saved your house, but still ticked off that I made your house look stupid.

.......but red & black doesn't look stupid. On the contrary, I think they were a cracking choice, maybe because no-one else I can think of plays in the same strip.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:18 am

pugger wrote:I think you both have a valid point, but for me it goes with the territory of having an eccentric owner. If you were pumping money in at the rate Tan has been then it must be hard not interfering in team matters and wanting certain players who you think are good.

Not all owners can leave things to the club manager and we have all seen it before at other clubs as well.

Tan has still done more positive than negative for me and if he goes through with converting his debt then I could not give a flying fudge packer what they print. That is the only goal that is important to me as it means the club can build for future success with or without him.

This is only scraps for the anti-Tan bashers and the stadium will still be full this Sunday!  
Director of Recruitment Suspended - Page 2 3874419067 
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:58 am

Yep Rhys as far as I am concerned, all still friends. Life is too short for anything else and we have too many others out there who want to be enemies of CCFC supporters, so we all need to stick together.

There is no need for anyone on this board to offer apologies to me. I have always advocated freedom of speech and the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. So Red, and everyone else out there who think their opinions differ from mine on the way CCFC is being run, need to understand exactly where I stand. I offer my opinions on those being put forward, whether in agreement or not, without using childish ‘name calling’ or using foul and abusive language towards the individuals concerned. They are my own opinions and I do not in any way wish to indicate that I speak on behalf of other individuals or groups, nor will I accept that others are expressing opinions on my behalf. I don’t think that any individual’s length of time supporting Cardiff City makes opinions more or less valid. When I first commenced watching Cardiff playing at Ninian Park the predominant colours were Blue and White and I never envisaged watching the side play in any other colour kit. I remain a true blue but am not so selfishly inclined as to see ‘my club’ going out of existence because of reluctance to change the colours of it’s football kit. I take seriously everything which comes out of CCS, and I believe am being fair to VT, and others in giving them a chance and time to make the necessary changes to the club structure and finances. I don’t always agree with what he does, bewilderment being my first response to much of what I hear and see. However, I am reluctantly prepared to put up with some of his eccentricities and accept that he too makes mistakes, without becoming obstinately anti VT. Any opinions I express are made without malice and I accept that responses are made in the same manner.
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:45 am

Is it wrong for me to say, I couldnt give a s**t what colour we play in,?? As long as we are cardiff city, I am thankful for tan investing when we didnt have a pot to piss in, BUT he is rubbing fans up the wrong was now more so with the borat appointment who didnt even have a visa, He is starting to grate on me big time but thats the price to pay of him keeping our club afloat
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:06 am

I care year colour we play in, I also don't like our club being seen as some sort of circus act, but not so much that if rather see the club burn.

I want Tan to leave, but I know we can't survive without him right now. So my opinion, summarised in one sentence , is this - I want him to get his money back, earn whatever profit he wants, and then to p**s off and never darken our doorstep again.

He was so close to being a hero. If he paid off the debts, got us to the premier league and then made a small fortune in profit off of our backs, then he would be heralded as a messiah. But instead he had to change the colour, interfere with things he knows nothing about, insult fans where there is zero need. It was all so unnesecary.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum