View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:18 am

The Home Office have asked the 'Director of Recruitment' to stand down pending an investigation into his eligibility to work in this country! Hilarious.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:22 am

So he shouldn't have been painting walls either? Well well well!
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:32 am

Jesus Tan, you're making us a laughing stock... Director of Recruitment Suspended 2854552383

We're absolutely sure this guys genuine right? That he's not a nutcase who's 'businesses' are just scribbles on the back of a cereal box? Because I'm beginning to doubt it.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:41 am

Bwahahaha! Director of Recruitment Suspended 692773407

And also Director of Recruitment Suspended 2854552383
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:47 am

As reported by yours truly on Twitter 24 hours ago
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 am

Officially asked to stand down from is position whilst the terms of the issue of his visa are investigated. Which gives the anti Tan brigade something else to have a go about. Why is it that some people just want to keep nit picking rather than looking at the bigger picture of the fact that this club is still in existence because of the actions of one man. I'm getting sick and fed up with those who only wish to snipe. This board is beginning to travel the same road others that in the past we have all criticised. We say we want to stay away from red/blue threads yet every time something happens at the club that can in any way be attributed too VT it becomes obvious from the replies of some posters that the red mist descends very easily.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:19 am

Director of Recruitment Suspended 3874419067 Director of Recruitment Suspended 3874419067 Director of Recruitment Suspended 3874419067 Director of Recruitment Suspended 3874419067 Director of Recruitment Suspended 3874419067 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:51 am

lottydottyblue wrote:Officially asked to stand down from is position whilst the terms of the issue of his visa are investigated. Which gives the anti Tan brigade something else to have a go about.  Why is it that some people just want to keep nit picking rather than looking at the bigger picture of the fact that this club is still in existence because of the actions of one man.  I'm getting sick and fed up with those who only wish to snipe.  This board is beginning to travel the same road others that in the past we have all criticised. We say we want to stay away from red/blue threads yet every time something happens at the club that can in any way be attributed too VT it becomes obvious from the replies of some posters that the red mist descends very easily.
I'll be blunt lotty, because to be frank you've offended me.

This forum has never turned anyone anyone away regardless of their stance regarding the rebrand, Tan, Malky or anything else. We're happy for debate to rage, and if anything it helps the place thrive. The true mark of this forum compared to the others, is we aim to keep it civil. You can put any point across you like, as long as you respect people that have a different view. What you just did, and have done so many times already, is attack my point of view simply because you don't agree. That is against this forum, not my opinion.

Tan hired the man, and for the second time. He's a personal family friend. How only now has he realised he can't work in the country? Does he not realise how self destructive for the club it can be hiring a man into such a high position without even doing standard background checks. I had a CRB and right to work investigation prior to my job, I dare say you did too. Why did Tan apparently not bother? The problem lies at the top.

But again , that's my opinion. Whether you agree or not is entirely up to you and I welcome you to debate why I am wrong. But don't say I don't have a right to express it.
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:29 am

anything the broad blue camp and anti tan faction can do to upset the apple cart they will do, irrespective of the effect.
i think the position of the blue cam is indefensible as they would sooner see the club fold than than concede to red, they would sooner vinnie go and take the consequences of that departure

it goes without saying that anything the pro tan faction can do to maintain their current position they will do. why not? they have kept this club afloat when if sam had his way it would be dead and burried. vt has put millions into this club, how much has sam taken out
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:42 am

Many of us are anti tan and anti Sam, being one doesn't make you support the other.

And you're right, whether you see it that way or not he has us between a rock and a hard place. The club at this exact point in time is actually worse off than it was when Tan took over, as the amount of people we owe has decreased but the amount we owe has increased. Tan might keep to his word and strike off all the debt and I'd applaud him, but until then all we have is a promise. These are facts, pure and simple.

And the stance of the anti-tan party isn't indefensible. Many Cardiff fans have watched the club for as long, if not longer than our most senior members here. They've always worn blue and had a bluebird in the badge, and many now feel insulted by that changing so harshly. I'm not making a case as to whether I think they're right or not, just that I understand where they're coming from. To call then indefensible and claim all they want is to destroy the club is unfair.

If you were about to have your house repossessed, and I came around to pay off all the debts but only if you let me spray paint the whole thing pink with yellow polka dots, what would you think? You can be thankful I've potentially saved your house, but still ticked off that I made your house look stupid.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Lottydotty & Dave

You have to admit that hiring a decorator, with no apparent experience in football, to one of the most important roles in the club is a joke and a source of major embarrassment for the club... and now that it turns out he has been suspended because a dodgy visa..well, what can be said?

We shouldn't allow tan to use the threat of leaving to silence criticism against him.

It seems to me that you are afraid of fans criticising tan in case he folds the club?

If he has done something idiotic, we should be able to comment on it.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Rhys wrote:Lottydotty & Dave

You have to admit that hiring a decorator, with no apparent experience in football, to one of the most important roles in the club is a joke and a source of major embarrassment for the club... and now that it turns out he has been suspended because a dodgy visa..well, what can be said?

We shouldn't allow tan to use the threat of leaving to silence criticism against him.

It seems to me that you are afraid of fans criticising tan in case he folds the club?

If he has done something idiotic, we should be able to comment on it.
Phew, I expected to wake up this morning and be in trouble Director of Recruitment Suspended 692773407

Apologies for the way I came across Lotty. You had offended me but maybe I could of made my point a bit lighter as well. I'm not taking back what I said but am accepting I would of worded it differently if you caught me at a better time.
pugger
pugger
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 410
Posting Flair : 60

Postpugger Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:33 pm

I think you both have a valid point, but for me it goes with the territory of having an eccentric owner. If you were pumping money in at the rate Tan has been then it must be hard not interfering in team matters and wanting certain players who you think are good.

Not all owners can leave things to the club manager and we have all seen it before at other clubs as well.

Tan has still done more positive than negative for me and if he goes through with converting his debt then I could not give a flying fudge packer what they print. That is the only goal that is important to me as it means the club can build for future success with or without him.

This is only scraps for the anti-Tan bashers and the stadium will still be full this Sunday!
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 pm

It's good that this is a board that has differing views & everything isn't sweetness and light all the time.
However, the difference is that we can disagree in a civilised fashion and that no matter how peed off we are with the club, we still support it and don't wish relegation or bankruptcy on it as has happened elsewhere.
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:34 pm

I am more concerned that now the club is in the PL every move we make is in the spotlight and the recent shananigans is getting worldwide press and making the club look unprofessional - the proof of the position this kid holds (or not holds at this very point in time) will become much clearer in the next transfer window - until then I am more than happy to continue watching the team sweat blood and tears on the pitch and as long as the club isn't going under then I am happy. I agree that VT has opened his wallet and we should be thankful. People don't like change and I can understand the feelings of supporters against certain issues. I know I have said it before but if I had parted with £100 million then my mouth wouldn't stay shut for more than a tea break when it came to do with everything in the club so I understand if VT has got involved in areas that he has no experience in. I think the point that Lotty was making earlier of fans wanting VT out irrespective of the consequences is probably directed at a small faction of the supporters and I can see where he is coming from. If a questionnaire was put out asking "Are you happy for VT to go and accept that the club goes into immediate administration" I would guess (and hope) that the majority would tick NO! I like this forum and emails and texts and messages on here can be easily mis-read but I can't see that anyone has said anything out of turn here....yet! Anyhow, all of these recent stories are giving more ammunition for a very tense atmosphere on Sunday!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum