Acc to aamb, borley has sold his shares,
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:55 am

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan calls for bonus rift unity and details Steve Borley, Paul Guy and Mike Hall share buyout
9 Oct 2013 21:00
Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan is on course to complete a 98 per cent buyout of the club, by buying shares off former chairman Steve Borley and investors Paul Guy and Mike Hall

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan says he will own 98 per cent of Cardiff City next month

Vincent Tan has spoken publicly for the first time on reports of a rift between himself and senior Cardiff City stars over bonus payments.

And as the spotlight falls on the club’s majority shareholder following a week of off-the-field headlines, Tan has called for unity as he revealed he has begun the process of buying out other shareholders – including long-time City board member Steve Borley.

' Vincent Tan is set to buy shares owned by former chairman Steve Borley '

National newspapers ran articles claiming the majority shareholder at Cardiff City Stadium was allegedly banned from the home changing rooms because of unrest from the players over the level of bonus funds to be paid at the end of the current Premier League campaign.

But Tan today spoke out to give his side of affairs, stating that there was no need for any dissent amongst the ranks.

“It’s not right that private details concerning our senior squad retention of status bonus were run in (London-based) newspapers,” said Tan in a statement which was asked to be published in its entirety.

“And what frustrates me more are veiled suggestions that our bonus schedule at Cardiff City is in any way substandard compared to similar clubs of our level. That I can guarantee is not the case at all. This is clearly a case of someone trying to create mischief.

“I consider our retention of status bonus to be fair, although I won’t divulge actual numbers in public and in print, as doing so would be unethical and could also breach Premier League rules.

“But supporters should know that our players are by no means treated unfairly or given a poor deal, far from it in fact. The figures suggested in one of the articles was the base minimum on our performance scale, which would obviously rise in line with our final league standing.

“I don’t want there to be any perceptions of unrest behind the scenes, as we all know the job of Premier League survival is hard enough for a newly promoted club without added distractions and off-field issues.

“Yes, things change at football clubs, much like they do in all organisations and businesses, but we carry on and do the best we can for the good of the club, which God willing for Cardiff City is to remain a Premier League club for as long as possible. That’s our goal.

“By nature I am a generous person. I personally initiated the Thanks a Million donation, which in August of this year we donated £1m to local charities and I have pledged that so long as I am the majority shareholder and so long as the club is in the Premier League, then this donation of a minimum of £1m will continue each year.

“On the field I respect and admire the skills our players have – and more than anyone, following the level of financial and personal investment made at the club want to see them at their absolute best, week in, week out.

“I have already invested a substantial £125m and will invest an additional £15m this season because of unbudgeted costs connected to new player signings, a total investment of £140m. I have personally donated a great deal of money to Cardiff City and have already signed a Share Purchase Agreement and paid 10% deposit to buy out minority shareholders including Paul Guy, Steve Borley, Mike Hall and others, which on completion, next month, in November would see me own approximately 98% of this club.

“I’m the majority shareholder, but also a supporter of this great club – and alongside fellow supporters look forward to the rest of the season ahead. Like all supporters I also want to see Cardiff City finish as high in the table as possible, which would offer great satisfaction and rewards for all.”

Source: aamb message board
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:04 am

Just amended things a bit tache to make them stand out. 

Interesting statement - although no mention of Moody.

Perhaps this statement pre-dates the current saga?Vincent Tan Speaks Out: Statement - Tan to have 98% Shares 4228682415 

Last edited by Rhys on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:07 am

I love the bit about not wanting any perceptions of unrest behind the scenes!
Vincent Tan Speaks Out: Statement - Tan to have 98% Shares 692773407 
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am

Tan does what he wants lol
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:54 pm

This might cause a bit of unrest but part of me feels a bit sorry for Tan. He has invested more money than any of us will see in a lifetime and he is having to tip toe around everyone when he makes a decision. I am not defending the way this has all been donw in the public eye but then when he changed the colour of the team it seemed like the world ended (which it didn't and like it or lump it the colour change didn't affect the preformance of the team).....now take this new situation....IF Moody leaked info or did something untoward he has EVERY right to suspend the guy (let's face it Moody has got an amazing deal in full pay until the end of the season) - Tan hasn't put the details into the public domain and rightly so as if it is an internal issue then it should stay that way out of respect to both parties. I agree that the Borat replacement isn't ideal but I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes e.g. the managment team have leaked something and now Tan is in a position where he doesn't feel like he trusts anyone and Borat is just a temp. filler until things get sorted out? I don't for one second like the way things are playing out but if I had invested the money he had I have to be honest that I would be a bit of a control freak as well. I am only making this point as I think we will all find out very soon that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm

steve.western.52 wrote:This might cause a bit of unrest but part of me feels a bit sorry for Tan. He has invested more money than any of us will see in a lifetime and he is having to tip toe around everyone when he makes a decision. I am not defending the way this has all been donw in the public eye but then when he changed the colour of the team it seemed like the world ended (which it didn't and like it or lump it the colour change didn't affect the preformance of the team).....now take this new situation....IF Moody leaked info or did something untoward he has EVERY right to suspend the guy (let's face it Moody has got an amazing deal in full pay until the end of the season) - Tan hasn't put the details into the public domain and rightly so as if it is an internal issue then it should stay that way out of respect to both parties. I agree that the Borat replacement isn't ideal but I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes e.g. the managment team have leaked something and now Tan is in a position where he doesn't feel like he trusts anyone and Borat is just a temp. filler until things get sorted out? I don't for one second like the way things are playing out but if I had invested the money he had I have to be honest that I would be a bit of a control freak as well. I am only making this point as I think we will all find out very soon that there is a lot more to this than meets the eye
I am in complete agreement with you on this, Steve.
lottydottyblue
lottydottyblue
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1338
Posting Flair : 60

Postlottydottyblue Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:18 am

And me, but you would have guessed that anyway. Always say there is no smoke without fire and in this case it will be very interesting to find out where the fire started and who started it.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:01 am

Well said Steve.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Shocked

What the hell has happened since I've been away? My brother has started talking SENSE??
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Arkay Dubya wrote:Shocked

What the hell has happened since I've been away? My brother has started talking SENSE??
He has finally been able to step out of the shadow of a brother who is a man of intrigue and international mystery......Vincent Tan Speaks Out: Statement - Tan to have 98% Shares 692773407 
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:29 pm

There is a third brother?
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 pm

TDA wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:Shocked

He has finally been able to step out of the shadow of a brother who is a man of intrigue and international mystery......Vincent Tan Speaks Out: Statement - Tan to have 98% Shares 692773407 
Yes Arkay, you are David and Steve is Ed (milliband)
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:10 am

Vincent Tan Speaks Out: Statement - Tan to have 98% Shares 2925389657 

I thought I was Paul Chuckle and he was Barry Chuckle.
steve.western.52
steve.western.52
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 709
Posting Flair : 50

Poststeve.western.52 Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:35 am

Yes Arkay, you are David and Steve is Ed (milliband)

Hang on....I will tale insults even on a Sunday but I cannot accept that I am Ed!!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum