View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:52 pm

Rumour has it from twitter, facebook and aamb That odemwingie is set to sign for us tomorrow, Odemwingie 4228682415

I feel underwhelmed.by it if true
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:07 pm

It is likely to be him that signs, as he's available, wants the move, can produce in the Premier and is a winger or striker, fitting the description of the player being touted. He will do a decent job for us, but if we stay up, we will reinforce again next summer and he will become a squad player at that point.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:13 pm

He certainly wouldn't seem to slot in as a replacement for the likes of Montero, Cheryshev, Cuenca and others we have supposedly been trying to land.

As an addition to a more exciting, younger winger i would be ok with this.

As a standalone signing intended to strengthen the wing position it would be disappointing in relation to Malky's earlier targets.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:20 pm

i should add that my own twitter search for the words cardiff and odemwingie together produced a grand total of 22 results from the last 24 hours.

So not exactly going into meltdown over this rumour yet. It does seem to fit the bill as a back up plan though.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 pm

Yes I would say he's more of a striker than winger, but he's still a decent player and would rather we brought him in than sign no-one else. I am sure there are still decent wingers available and floating around though? Why not Will Buckley? Or Anthony Knockaert? I'm sure they wouldn't cost the earth and would be a good signing in addition to Odemwingie?
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:11 pm

No thank you! At the start of summer a friend of mine and I talked about him being someone we could possibly get that would do a good job, however 3 months later with the players we have been linked with my opinion has changed. I don't think he would offer anything better than what we have already. Okay he has a bit more pace than Whitts but even then I don't think he should play ahead of him, Whitts has worked hard so far getting back helping out the defence and that sweet left foot of his is always handy if not sometimes integral.

I do hope we have another trick or 2 up our sleeve.
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Oh and he hasn't played a competitive game except maybe internationals since January... and is 32... and west brom want £4m for him...
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:23 pm

He had a poor season last year but considering the media circus around him you can barely blame him. Prior to that, he was scoring around the 1 goal every 2 matches region. That's not half bad if he can keep that up the wing.

However, his personality is clearly an issue, as is the fact at 32 he's not exactly a solution beyond one, maybe two seasons. Like for like, I'd much prefer a player around ten years younger who's eager to impress. To be honest, Montero's agent may clearly be a bit of a t**t, but the deal was so close I'd of just paid what he wanted and closed the deal.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:25 pm

DrewBlue wrote:Oh and he hasn't played a competitive game except maybe internationals since January... and is 32... and west brom want £4m for him...
Like your thinking Odemwingie 692773407

If this high energy sit back and then charge gameplan becomes the norm for us, we need young players with buckets of energy. Bellamy can't last 90 minutes at that sort of velocity, I'm not sure Odemwingie could either.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 am

The People this morning says that Malky has been so unimpressed by Brayford that he is prepared to sell or loan him out to help fund the Odemwingie deal. He is also prepared to sell Maynard according to the newspaper (find that one hard to believe).
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:23 am

Bloody nora! That's a hell of a first impression. How bad can he be?
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:The People this morning says that Malky has been so unimpressed by Brayford that he is prepared to sell or loan him out to help fund the Odemwingie deal. He is also prepared to sell Maynard according to the newspaper (find that one hard to believe).
Blimey that explains a lot but isn't good either! It also makes the signing of Catherine make more sense, as he is primarily a full-back who can also play at centre-back.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend

PostToast Boy Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:53 am

It sounds so unlikely that The People would have any credible information about this considering things are run a lot tighter at the club now. 12 months on and people are still guessing at what might have happened regarding Velikonja and Kiss but now they have info on Brayford already?

I share you disbelief about Maynard too. Malky has said that he is not looking to sell anyone in this transfer window and, from what Tan has said himself, there should be money available to fund a signing like Odemwingie without having to raise funds anyway.

Not giving this one any creedence whatsover myself.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:09 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:The People this morning says that Malky has been so unimpressed by Brayford that he is prepared to sell or loan him out to help fund the Odemwingie deal. He is also prepared to sell Maynard according to the newspaper (find that one hard to believe).
Find that hard to believe, as Malky has always banged on about the amount of research done on players and dossiers compiled before offers are made................oh, hang on a moment, wasn't there a similar situation with that Slovenian striker, Zippo or whatever his name was..........Odemwingie 3392635135 

I understand that another player he has been watching is George Weah's cousin, Ali Dia....

Odemwingie 2854552383 
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:11 am

Maynard is a lie, I'm sure of it.

And if you can't trust one rumour, what makes you think the second can be believed?

I started to develop my own theory regarding Brayford yesterday. Maybe Malky is setting up his fullbacks differently depending on how he sees the game going?

Brayford is a fullback in the Leighton Baines mould - much happier bombing down the wing than he is forced to sit deep and defend. This new guy, from what I've managed to see, is much more a classic defending fullback, set up to stop players in the tracks.

Maybe Brayford may make appearances against teams we reckon we can have a go at? Considering so far we've had West Ham, Man City and Everton, I don't blame Malky for thinking having fullbacks bombing down the wings constantly is defensive suicide.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum