View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:47 pm

There are rumours on Twitter this morning that the club will be introducing a £40 membership fee for non season ticket holders.
The fee would have to be paid before any tickets can be purchased for next season. Bit steep if you can't get to too many matches.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Wow. That is a bit steep, considering that we are now financially better off than ever before. Bit of a strange move if you ask me.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Actually, it seems like a good idea to me, in that it will generate a certain amount of upfront revenue to cover the admin costs of selling individual tickets. However, it would be reasonable to expect the price of tickets to be adjusted to reflect the fixed fee.

There are always losers, perhaps someone like me who will only get to a couple of games (I wish!), but hey-ho, we are entering a new era......
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 pm

So just to clarify, if I say was just able to buy a few tickets a season, can I do that without being a member?
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:44 pm

NO !!!!
Tans Tache
Tans Tache
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 22790
Posting Flair : 760

PostTans Tache Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:13 pm

We have to rely on s/t holders or members to get our tickets rhys, cos I for one ain't paying 40.00 and there's no guarentee I will get a ticket then anyway
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm

Apparently, S/T holders will not be able to buy tickets for any old joe blogs. They have to be members. This is what I read somwhere else, so it may not be factual.
The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

Is it a one-off fee, or does it have to be paid every season?
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:42 pm

Vinnie Tans Tache wrote:We have to rely on s/t holders or members to get our tickets rhys, cos I for one ain't paying 40.00 and there's no guarentee I will get a ticket then anyway

....so, just to clarify, you would be happy for someone else to pay the £40 and then supply you with tickets.......I'm sure you haven't thought that one through properly Tache........ Club Membership Fee 2854552383
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:35 am

shocking decision, apparently done for all the plastic manure and liverpool fans to buy tickets for those games. people low me on very low incomes now mean i probably won't get to see any games in our maiden season in the premier league. how is that fair?

saying that though i can see why they have done it and apparently other clubs do the same so no surprise but i am quite miffed indeed i'll be missing out
Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 1109
Posting Flair : 50
http://twitter.com/aledwills91

PostColin's Reversible Hat Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:54 am

DrewBlue wrote:shocking decision, apparently done for all the plastic manure and liverpool fans to buy tickets for those games. people low me on very low incomes now mean i probably won't get to see any games in our maiden season in the premier league. how is that fair?

saying that though i can see why they have done it and apparently other clubs do the same so no surprise but i am quite miffed indeed i'll be missing out
40 quid is probably going to be less than the cost of the average adult match ticket next season, so if they can afford to go to games, how does it mean they can't afford the membership too?

I think it's win/win, charge the plastics something a bit silly for the one-offs they want to see, get more revenue in. Football's a business, especially in the top flight. The sooner people learn that the better really.
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:14 am

This would piss me off more than the whole rebrand fiasco. I've been paying £20 for my away membership for the past couple of years which is steep enough in itself!
DrewBlue
DrewBlue
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 912
Posting Flair : 70

PostDrewBlue Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:55 am

Colin's Reversible Hat wrote:
DrewBlue wrote:shocking decision, apparently done for all the plastic manure and liverpool fans to buy tickets for those games. people low me on very low incomes now mean i probably won't get to see any games in our maiden season in the premier league. how is that fair?

40 quid is probably going to be less than the cost of the average adult match ticket next season, so if they can afford to go to games, how does it mean they can't afford the membership too?

I think it's win/win, charge the plastics something a bit silly for the one-offs they want to see, get more revenue in. Football's a business, especially in the top flight. The sooner people learn that the better really.

yes but when you factor in the membership price and the match day ticket price which by all accounts it still won't guarantee it becomes far more of a redundant purchase.

i completely agree it's a shrewd business move and yes charging the plastics that bit extra is also good. i just can't imagine there won't be many like me who will be disappointed with the decision. there are those plastics who would not be able to prove they have ever been to a game at the ccs, i can though, should i be treated the same as them?
Colin's Reversible Hat
Colin's Reversible Hat
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 1109
Posting Flair : 50
http://twitter.com/aledwills91

PostColin's Reversible Hat Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:14 am

You'd hope that they'd reduce the prices for those with a fan number and a history of attending games, but I doubt they will. The fact of the matter is, they know that people will end up paying it, even if there's more than a few having a grumble about it now. They're not going to lose more than a handful of customers over it, and there'll be plenty lining up to replace them, just like it was with the 80 people who returned their season tickets last year.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:37 am

Being a football fan is an expensive hobby Club Membership Fee 635981802

I made it to four games last season and only one at home and even that was a stretch financially. It will be even harder next season unless I can secure my own personal television sponsorship deal Club Membership Fee 3392635135
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum