Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Tue May 14, 2013 7:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

Looks as if the retained list is out soon and should be interesting :- http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-citys-championship-winning-squad-facts-3674107
Helguson and McPhail are already gone and of the youngsters Jarvis and Darko have been out on loan without seemingly making much impression so could be under threat.
Senior players with only one year left on their contract are:-
Bellamy - obviously safe.
Conway - needs to be put on a long term contract to keep him out of Moyes clutches.
Cowie - uncertain.
Gestede - presumably safe as Malky seems to rate him.
Hudson - one year left with an option for a further year - safe.
Lappin - squad player/uncertain.
Smith - uncertain but Malky seems to like him.
McNaughton - out of contract but been offered two years - uncertain.
All others are on longer contracts but perhaps Mason could be allowed game time out on loan with our other strikers fit. Still think he's a good prospect. Same with Ralls.
Under threat appear to be Kiss and Velikonja although both these have long contracts and are presumably on decent money. Possibles for loans out.
Don't know what contract Parish is on but he looked a decent keeper last Saturday and we need three on the books so I presume safe.

davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 11984
Posting Flair : 290

Postdavewebber65 Fri May 17, 2013 2:13 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Dave Webber Retained List - Page 3 635981802

i'm gonna be a indian in the afterlife. shoot first and ask questions after

:bounce:
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 am

davewebber65 wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:

Might be a good idea to explain that joke a little more Dave... Retained List - Page 3 692773407
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri May 17, 2013 2:29 am

G-ster wrote:I'm surprised Parish was released; he looked promising - who will be the 3rd choice 'keeper then?

The 'retained list' will only relate to those players that are out of contract this summer. It doesn't mean that the likes of Cowie, Conway, Kiss, etc are safe from the axe.

Dave Richards is the academy keeper who's been on the bench for the U21s and he's been offered a pro contract.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 am

davewebber65 wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:

Thought you did that now Dave.
Phil Blue/Red
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1550
Posting Flair : 130

PostPhil Blue/Red Fri May 17, 2013 3:05 am

TDA wrote:
Phil Blue/Red wrote:Got a feeling a few of the players who are under contract will be told that their first team opportunities will be limited next season, with the hope they will decide to move on.
Some will be used in part-exchange deals I suspect, particularly if Championship or European teams are involved. I'm thinking particularly of Lappin, Cowie, Conway, Smith, Velikonja, Kiss and even Gestede.

That may well be the case, given that the squad has to limited to 25, plus youngsters.

I can see Rudy staying, as he is something of a wildcard and has done well against so say quality defenders, but, as for the others, maybe Conway will be spared as Malky likes his work ethic within his preferred formation.
You're probably right with regard to Gestede, although I'm sure MacKay will bring in a more experienced player with physical presence to complement Campbell and Maynard.
As far as Conway is concerned, I can see him leaving on a part-exchange deal involving a player from a Championship side.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
G-ster wrote:I'm surprised Parish was released; he looked promising - who will be the 3rd choice 'keeper then?

The 'retained list' will only relate to those players that are out of contract this summer. It doesn't mean that the likes of Cowie, Conway, Kiss, etc are safe from the axe.

Dave Richards is the academy keeper who's been on the bench for the U21s and he's been offered a pro contract.

...shame for Parrish as I don't think he has done anything wrong, but maybe a question of economics in play here. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if someone at the tail end of his career came in as well, as a fail safe.......
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Fri May 17, 2013 3:07 am

dave richards is a newish acquisition and supposed to be highly rated
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 am

Phil Blue/Red wrote:
TDA wrote:
Phil Blue/Red wrote:Got a feeling a few of the players who are under contract will be told that their first team opportunities will be limited next season, with the hope they will decide to move on.
Some will be used in part-exchange deals I suspect, particularly if Championship or European teams are involved. I'm thinking particularly of Lappin, Cowie, Conway, Smith, Velikonja, Kiss and even Gestede.

That may well be the case, given that the squad has to limited to 25, plus youngsters.

I can see Rudy staying, as he is something of a wildcard and has done well against so say quality defenders, but, as for the others, maybe Conway will be spared as Malky likes his work ethic within his preferred formation.
You're probably right with regard to Gestede, although I'm sure MacKay will bring in a more experienced player with physical presence to complement Campbell and Maynard.
As far as Conway is concerned, I can see him leaving on a part-exchange deal involving a player from a Championship side.

I hope you are right, as I think he deserves first team football, although at least one friend on here might not totally agree!
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri May 17, 2013 3:54 am

TDA wrote:
Phil Blue/Red wrote:
TDA wrote:

I hope you are right, as I think he deserves first team football, although at least one friend on here might not totally agree!

I think he may be Moyes' first signing.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri May 17, 2013 4:05 am

davewebber65 wrote:dave richards is a newish acquisition and supposed to be highly rated

He's been with City since he was 9 years old!
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Fri May 17, 2013 4:31 am

*** G L O V E S *** wrote:Won't be many - if any - shocks when the list is released.

Retained List - Page 3 3874419067

(Though to be fair I was a little surprised to see Parish released, he was brilliant against Charlton for the DVP last week... then again, he's not exactly going to be knocking on the door for a first team place next season once we've brought in a third senior 'keeper).
davewebber65
davewebber65
National Legend
National Legend

Postdavewebber65 Fri May 17, 2013 5:19 am

Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
davewebber65 wrote:dave richards is a newish acquisition and supposed to be highly rated
sorry. must be mixing him up with someone else
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend

PostCyncoedslumdog Fri May 17, 2013 5:41 am

davewebber65 wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
sorry. must be mixing him up with someone else

I could see why you thought that because a fuss was made of him signing as a pro only about a month ago but he's been in our system for years.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 am

Arkay Dubya wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Red614 wrote:Over exaggerating a touch again Dave. Just because they haven't been released doesnt mean they are guaranteed starting places. You're for getting that releasing them would mean other teams could snap them up free. If we hold onto them but then transfer list them in August we could make some good money. McNaughton and Smith for example would be highly valued by lower half championship sides, would be a waste of a sale releasing them.

Quite right!

Although, I can't sell Connolly or Smith for love nor money on FIFA Retained List - Page 3 2854552383

Retained List - Page 3 692773407

Red is that you?
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Fri May 17, 2013 6:45 am

Slumdog's Son™️ wrote:
Arkay Dubya wrote:
Cyncoedslumdog wrote:
Red614 wrote:Over exaggerating a touch again Dave. Just because they haven't been released doesnt mean they are guaranteed starting places. You're for getting that releasing them would mean other teams could snap them up free. If we hold onto them but then transfer list them in August we could make some good money. McNaughton and Smith for example would be highly valued by lower half championship sides, would be a waste of a sale releasing them.

Quite right!

Although, I can't sell Connolly or Smith for love nor money on FIFA Retained List - Page 3 2854552383

Retained List - Page 3 692773407

Red is that you?

Our methodologies are shockingly similar coat
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum