Why o Why o Why are we struggling to score goals recently!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 am

Due to our ever present midfield in consistently poor form, that's how.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:35 am

Such negativity Rhys! Not that I'm disagreeing with you...
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:41 am

I know Slumdog, you're right. It's just that I've had enough tonight.

The team sheet has obviously upset me somewhat...perhaps I just need to chill out a bit.
Slimfrog's Son™
Slimfrog's Son™
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 21200
Posting Flair : 1110

PostSlimfrog's Son™ Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:43 am

I can understand that. But Leicester are a good team and pre-season I would have taken three points from our two league games against them, so any result today beyond a loss isn't necessarily a bad thing as it keeps the table ticking over at the top
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:44 am

I think we all need to sit down, breathe, have a cup of tea....

....And then take our Malky pinatas and beat the living s**t out of them. Then we might feel better. Why o Why o Why are we struggling to score goals recently! 692773407
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am

Too late, dog already ate the face off mine.
Correct me if I'm wrong bit we haven't had a convincing win since the Blackburn game. We've scraped draws and won games by no more than a goal, aside from the losses. We just don't seem to be creating much, and what mist be of concern is that Malky just doesn't seem to have a plan B. I read comments on here, and wonder why it is that Malky doesnt see what so many others do. That said, 4 points against Leicester is no mean feat, top by 4 points 6 ahead of 3rd and a game in hand. And all of this while we seem to be playing shite.
Don't know quite what all that means.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 am

Leicester played six strikers today. Six. THAT's attacking intent, not the bollocks Malky feeds us every week. We all know damn well Malky would of tool that one goal lead and tried to shut up shop.

I said we should start Gestede. He didnt start but as a sub he scored.

I said we should start Noone against Derby. He didnt start, but again he scored.

Does this make me a future Manchester United manager in the making? No, it means I have a pair of eyes that actually pay attention to what players do on the pitch once in a while. Malky on the other hand is too busy daydreaming about Conway and Cowie to actually notice our midfield falling apart. Whitts doesn't deserve a place in the starting 11 of this side right now, not even the starting 11 of any of the other top six teams. Gunarrson hoofs the ball at every chance and keeps trying that long throw again and again and again and again no matter how ineffective it is proving. Conway favours his right foot, Noone his left. Makes sense to play them right and left wing respectively right? Not on planet Malky it doesn't, he'd rather see them fall over themselves constantly. Even worse when it's clear more pace is what's needed he sub's off the only player providing any spark, leaving us with no pace at all.

The man is hopeless. Utterly utterly hopeless and the only thing that's got us so far is the strength of the team. If Tan sacks him he'd have my full backing now, the last straw has been and gone. As I said earlier Malky made his bed with his team selection, now he has to lie in it.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:28 am

Can't see the continued resistance to playing Kimbo.......he was coming along really well but now, it must be three whole games since he saw action.....
Welshineire
Welshineire
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
User Points : 1168
Posting Flair : 100

PostWelshineire Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:29 am

I get your argument red, and yes Malky has to be judged on results. But surely the only result that counts is whether or not we are promoted. On that basis he hasn't failed.....yet. Any team in the division would love to be in our position. I have my concerns, and this could all yet turn horribly wrong, but we are clear with a game in hand.
thewelshfella
thewelshfella
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7013
Posting Flair : 200

Postthewelshfella Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:45 am

1-1 is a great result for a team that is playing s**t atm.We where second best by a mile tonight and lucky not to lose by 2 or 3.

No real change in Malkys tactics Why o Why o Why are we struggling to score goals recently! 4228682415 We have been playing this way for a long time now but because we were winning it was overlooked.

Time for a change Malky asap because it seems we have been figured out.

Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostTyrion Tannister Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:59 pm

Welshineire wrote:I get your argument red, and yes Malky has to be judged on results. But surely the only result that counts is whether or not we are promoted. On that basis he hasn't failed.....yet. Any team in the division would love to be in our position. I have my concerns, and this could all yet turn horribly wrong, but we are clear with a game in hand.

We're not going to get promoted if Malky stubbornly carries on refusing to change tactics, drop weak players, or do anything that a good manager is supposed to do. Harsh, but true. Lucky to not lose last night, as I don't think we'd of beaten ANYONE in this division last night playing like we were. At home too, that's emberassing.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum