Bad refereeing decisions - haven't we all wanted to do this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Tonker
The Tonker
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 9488
Posting Flair : 1360

PostThe Tonker Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 am

R-DONO
R-DONO
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 7195
Posting Flair : 490

PostR-DONO Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:57 am

What a complete plum.
Toast Boy
Toast Boy
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 7697
Posting Flair : 830

PostToast Boy Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:58 am

That story could have had the perfect ending if the police had reviewed the footage and then gone and arrested Nani for assault.
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:27 am

Anyone fancy a debate on whether its a red card or not? Nano didn't know the player was there, does that make a difference? It is a boot that high with studs up always going to be considered too dangerous and be punished the same way?

Personally I'm the latter, his attempt to control the ball was reckless and could of seriously hurt someone, definite red card. To say its not his fault because he didn't see him is like claiming innocence from a car crash because if you knew there was a car pulling out you wouldn't be doing 100mph.
Rhys
Rhys
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 35015
Posting Flair : 2229
http://www.redbluebirds.com

PostRhys Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:29 am

Yes, I agree Red. Definitely a red card looking at the footage
JB
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 8171
Posting Flair : 320

PostJB Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:42 am

Definitely agree with Red and Rhys. If I have a gun and I am looking at a target but then fire bullets accidentally in another direction and hit some innocent people, does the fact that I'm oblivious to their presence mean that I shouldn't face prosecution? Its an extreme example of course but Nani should have had the spatial awareness to be aware of his surroundings and knew that with other footballers on a field there is a chance his actions could become dangerous.

I don't think its right that they are trying to use the Nani had his eyes on the ball argument. Some people do dangerous or very things unintentionally, it doesn't mean they shouldn't face punishment.
Arkay Dubya
Arkay Dubya
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 28232
Posting Flair : 1906
http://westerneyes.smugmug.com/

PostArkay Dubya Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:00 am

It's a yellow at minimum, a red most probably and an execution by firing squad at most.
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Fact is that there were two identical incidents (Carlton Cole & another) shown on SSN yesterday, where the players were also sent off, but the red cards were over turned on appeal......
Tyrion Tannister
Tyrion Tannister
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 18418
Posting Flair : 1090

PostTyrion Tannister Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:01 pm

TDA wrote:Fact is that there were two identical incidents (Carlton Cole & another) shown on SSN yesterday, where the players were also sent off, but the red cards were over turned on appeal......

I think that displays the premier leagues tougher nature more than anything really. The rulebook does clearly say its a red card offence.

(This information comes from @PhantomGoal before anyone thinks I'm claiming it)

FIFA sets out clear guidelines on what they call 'sensible play', that is elements of the game that while injury can be caused any coming from them are considered acceptable risks of playing. They include headers, any boot raised up to a maximum of waist height, the goalkeeper punching the ball away, etc. As long as te incident in question could not of been avoided by the actions of the player (seeing it in time an pulling away for example) then it is not a foul. This is why a player blindly rushing into a header and having a clash of heads with an opponent isn't red cardable. In the case of raising your boot above waist height though, that's considered dangerous play outside of the remit of the game. While collecting the ball with a high boot isn't illegal straight away, if you en up hitting a player with it you WILL be sent off.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum