View previous topic View next topic Go down

Happy Days
Happy Days
Team Captain
Team Captain
User Points : 2657
Posting Flair : 260

PostHappy Days Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:22 am

I am hurtling headlong into middle age and I am getting more and more annoyed (usually expressed by rolling my eyes and tutting) at the nonsense I see around me every day of the week. I'm not a grumpy old man exactly, I don't let it affect my mood too much or anything but there is just so much nowadays to get you peeved.

So I am starting this thread is for any like minded misery guts to get thing orf of their chests.

1. Mach 3 razor blades. Why are they so pissing expensive. In reverse order the three most expensive things known to man are 3. Gold 2. Printer ink 1. Mach 3 blades.

Last edited by Happy Days on Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 19382
Posting Flair : 1933

PostValley Trash Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:09 am

It's called getting irascible as we men get older we lose function in the frontal lobe brain activity which governs emotion so we become grumpy old men... Our missus' lose brain activity in the areas which govern memory so it's cool cos they can't remember what we were like anyway...

Things that are currently pissing me off

Young men with pants up round their diaphragm and jeans round their knees... FFS
Granny drug mules sobbing cos she didn't get the rules... FFS
Romanian and Bulgarian loafers revving the engines of their gypsy carts to get to Bargoed to steal our jobs / women / allotments... FFS
Anyone who is younger / better looking / happier than me... FFS FFS
Kamuza
Kamuza
International Call-Up
International Call-Up
User Points : 4084
Posting Flair : 832

PostKamuza Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:17 am

That Granny is going to be executed by firing squad. How unfair is that? To be executed by firing squad you should at the very least lead a failed revolution in a Latin American country. Smuggling drugs? That's mundane and easy and should amount to a hanging. And not a big event in a public square with a crowd of onlookers. No, a simple hanging in the basement of a functional prison. Granny Coke is getting a far more romantic end than she deserves. She'd better shout Viva el Presidente! as she's shot, the bitch.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:20 am

My Nanna kept all the best s**t for herself... She would never have been caught FFS
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country
User Points : 3884
Posting Flair : 540

PostCaldi Blue Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:43 pm

Me and my mate in work have a word document entitled 'things that annoy me and Darren'

There are currently 46 things on the list, here are a few...

Neck tattoo's

Hat's indoors

Flips flops anywhere that isn't a beach, your garden or changing rooms

Ear lobe stretching

Muscle people wearing clothes that are too small

Men who drink alcopops

People who wear band t-shirts but aren't fans of the band (usually the Raones or the Stones)

Blokes who bleach their hair

Linen trousers

Emo's and goths

Double barreled names

Personalised number plates

Adults into vampire stuff

Sorry if any of you come under any of these things
The Other Mr Bean
The Other Mr Bean
First Team Regular
First Team Regular
User Points : 469
Posting Flair : 20

PostThe Other Mr Bean Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:12 am

AND ADD - people who scrounge off the state and have never done an honest day's work in their life. !!!!!!!!!!!
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 am

Caldi Blue wrote:Me and my mate in work have a word document entitled 'things that annoy me and Darren'

Neck tattoo's

Hat's indoors

Ear lobe stretching

Men who drink alcopops

People who wear band t-shirts but aren't fans of the band (usually the Raones or the Stones)

Linen trousers

Emo's and goths

Double barreled names

Agree with all those, with a proviso that linen trousers are acceptable in a warm climate.
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:37 am

Caldi Blue wrote:Me and my mate in work have a word document entitled 'things that annoy me and Darren'

Neck tattoo's

Hat's indoors

Ear lobe stretching

Men who drink alcopops

Linen trousers

Emo's and goths

Double barreled names

They will certainly do for starters although my wife says the list would be much greater if she made a note of everything I ranted about as I drive around (I actually fall into one of the categories on the list but I'll forgive you for that on the basis that you would almost certainly qualify for a number of the items on my list).
G-ster
G-ster
Club Legend
Club Legend
User Points : 5923
Posting Flair : 460

PostG-ster Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 am

People who don’t stop at red traffic lights (someone in work had a £700 fine and 6 points for this recently. Good, f**ckin idiot).

Anyone over the age of 18 with ¾ length shorts.

'Carrot-fit' jeans – makes people look like they are wearing an adult-sized nappy.

Adults who swear in front of children.

Mispronouncing everyday words, e.g. I know a couple of people who think the ‘s’ is silent in ‘specific’. WTF?

Shop assistants who continue their conversation with a colleague rather than serve you straight away.

Lazy kents who can’t be bothered to put their rubbish in a bin.

Mates who let me down at 5-a-side when they say they can play, or forget to bring money with them.

TV series that don’t know when to quit, e.g. Homeland should have been kept at one season.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:11 am

G-ster wrote:People who don’t stop at red traffic lights (someone in work had a £700 fine and 6 points for this recently. Good, f**ckin idiot).

'Carrot-fit' jeans – makes people look like they are wearing an adult-sized nappy.

Mispronouncing everyday words, e.g. I know a couple of people who think the ‘s’ is silent in ‘specific’. WTF?

Shop assistants who continue their conversation with a colleague rather than serve you straight away.

Mates who let me down at 5-a-side when they say they can play, or forget to bring money with them.

TV series that don’t know when to quit, e.g. Homeland should have been kept at one season.

Spot on G-ster Modern life is rubbish. 2361983666
Cyncoedslumdog
Cyncoedslumdog
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 14106
Posting Flair : 1465

PostCyncoedslumdog Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:49 am

Morons who make a call or answer their mobile and carry on a conversation whilst they're at the shop counter/checkout.
Drivers with their fog lights on permanently in perfect weather.
Drivers who don't have any lights on when it's just about fecking dark.
People when I was working who called me by my first name straight away but wanted me to call them Mr.
Cold callers who ring for weeks even though you steadfastly refuse to answer the phone when you see it's withheld or 0800.
Bank executives.
The Top Gear crew - smug, self satisfied bunch of wankers.
Caldi Blue
Caldi Blue
Captain of Country
Captain of Country

PostCaldi Blue Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 am

Right, here's another one, doesn't really highligh how rubbish modern life is, but it's somthing that annoys and affects me more than it should...

When people send links via e-mail, but don't press enter, so you can't click straight on it and you have to copy and paste it in. It just irritates me massively.
Valley Trash
Valley Trash
Global Superstar
Global Superstar

PostValley Trash Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 am

People who put their shopping through the tills and only when they are asked for the cash do they go searching for wallets/ purses / credit cards / cash like it was a complete fecking surprise Modern life is rubbish. 2854552383
TDA
TDA
Global Superstar
Global Superstar
User Points : 26030
Posting Flair : 1850

PostTDA Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 am

Valley Trash wrote:People who put their shopping through the tills and only when they are asked for the cash do they go searching for wallets/ purses / credit cards / cash like it was a complete fecking surprise Modern life is rubbish. 2854552383

Got agree with that, but here in France, we have another layer of annoyance...........a high percentage of payments are made by cheque, which have to be printed at the checkout on dot matrix machines.

French banks make a monthly charge for having a debit card and credit cards are much less popular here. Consequently many people use the free cheque system, which is so slow.........no guarantee cards as it is effectively illegal to go overdrawn, but recently, at least one and sometimes two pieces of ID are asked for at the checkout........absolutely incredible anachronism....... Modern life is rubbish. 904430666 Modern life is rubbish. 904430666
*** G L O V E S ***
*** G L O V E S ***
National Legend
National Legend
User Points : 8492
Posting Flair : 721
http://danlewis92.weebly.com/

Post*** G L O V E S *** Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 am

G-ster wrote:People who don’t stop at red traffic lights (someone in work had a £700 fine and 6 points for this recently. Good, f**ckin idiot).

WHAT?!!! Shocked Shocked
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum